American Xl Bully Dog Ban

3 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

So you do admit that bulldogs are chosen to cause intimidation and to be used as a weapon then. 

There are some lovely dog breeds out there, golden retrievers, cockapoos, greyhounds. Whilst all dogs can be tempramental and bite, it's always the bull dogs posing high risk to human life and it's always the hull dogs that show the most aggression. A Highland Terrier may bite out of fear or even naive playfulness but something about these bull dogs is evil, you can see it in their eyes and the way that they go straight for the neck.

The dogs in Hull are known as "Tigers"

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

So you do admit that bulldogs are chosen to cause intimidation and to be used as a weapon then. 

There are some lovely dog breeds out there, golden retrievers, cockapoos, greyhounds. Whilst all dogs can be tempramental and bite, it's always the bull dogs posing high risk to human life and it's always the hull dogs that show the most aggression. A Highland Terrier may bite out of fear or even naive playfulness but something about these bull dogs is evil, you can see it in their eyes and the way that they go straight for the neck.

Like I said initially it's the breeders and owners, if they treat the dog viciously or train it to be vicious then it's what it knows

2 hours ago, Irene Swaine said:

We know the mentality of the owners of these wretched things. They don't give a fig about anyone else. What is to stop them back door breeding? More lives will be lost with the existing ones, they are still a danger. A ban and a cull is the best way to erradicate this problem. It looks almost certain though that a ban is imminent, which is good news. We now need to expand it to Staffordshire ones too.

We know the mentality of SOME of these wretched things,  but not all  and do you mean a ban and a cull for the dogs,  or the owners ?   Most accept that the fault is more the owners than the dogs.

You have said that you can see the evil in their eyes,  which is a silly statement to make because the coppers would just have to go round and look at their eyes and job done.

It would appear that you just don't like bulldogs  ( which is your entitlement )  but that doesn't make all dogs of a similar breed the same.

Dogs in fact,  like humans,  come in all shapes and sizes and like humans,  with all different upbringings and mindsets and also like us,  they are difficult to sort for  people without your prejudices.

We don't even know the mentality of many two legged people we share the planet with as this forum shows.

22 minutes ago, melthebell said:

Like I said initially it's the breeders and owners, if they treat the dog viciously or train it to be vicious then it's what it knows

I agree absolutely with this and have never read such twaddle as some posters come out with.

Edited by Organgrinder

Just now, Organgrinder said:

We know the mentality of SOME of these wretched things,  but not all  and do you mean a ban and a cull for the dogs,  or the owners.  Most accept that the blame is more the owners than the dogs.

You have said that you can see the evil in their eyes,  which is a silly statement to make because the coppers would just have to go round and look at their eyes and job done.

It would appear that you just don't like bulldogs  ( which is your entitlement )  but that doesn't make all dogs of a similar breed the same.

Dogs in fact,  like humans,  come in all shapes and sizes and like humans,  with all different upbringings and mindsets and also like us,  they are difficult to sort for  people without your prejudices.

We don't even know the mentality of many two legged people we share the planet with as this forum shows.

You are being ridiculous. The bull dog variety is proven to be dangerous. They have the strength to rip a person's neck open. They need to be banned and culled. I don't care if Sandra on Facebook posts a picture of hers looking "sweet" laid on the sofa, that doesn't wash with me. The fact is, these things are responsible for an increasing number of human deaths and the death of another dog every single day. If you want to defend yourself, learn karate, don't get a dangerous breed of dog that inflicts death, suffering and intimidation on society. Take control for defending your own self, don't use animals or weapons.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

You are being ridiculous. The bull dog variety is proven to be dangerous. They have the strength to rip a person's neck open. They need to be banned and culled. I don't care if Sandra on Facebook posts a picture of hers looking "sweet" laid on the sofa, that doesn't wash with me. The fact is, these things are responsible for an increasing number of human deaths and the death of another dog every single day. If you want to defend yourself, learn karate, don't get a dangerous breed of dog that inflicts death, suffering and intimidation on society. Take control for defending your own self, don't use animals or weapons.

The ridicule is all on you.  You are prejudiced and even admit your hate for a whole type of breeds, simply because they're strong it seems. Animals of all types can be strong and cause death.

It is the breeders and the owners who are responsible for the tragedies and not the dogs who are doing what they have been taught.

Despite the awfulness of these happenings,  deaths caused by dogs are very low when compared to deaths by other means such as vehicles, drugs etc,  and you are over reacting due to prejudice. 

1 minute ago, Organgrinder said:

The ridicule is all on you.  You are prejudiced and even admit your hate for a whole type of breeds, simply because they're strong it seems. Animals of all types can be strong and cause death.

It is the breeders and the owners who are responsible for the tragedies and not the dogs who are doing what they have been taught.

Despite the awfulness of these happenings,  deaths caused by dogs are very low when compared to deaths by other means such as vehicles, drugs etc,  and you are over reacting due to prejudice. 

This variety of dogs is the one that's causing the problem. It's them that need to be got rid of. It's nearly always these types that cause the death. Why should people's lives be ruined because someone wants a "status symbol" pet that terrorises everyone? The Dangerous Dog Act is in place for a reason. This breed of dog is chosen for specific reasons by cowardly owners. I don't know what on earth possesses someone to want to share their home with one of these ugly, vile things. Oh yes I do, status on their estate and a dog to do their fighting for them. I am sure the family of Jack Lis, a young boy brutally mauled to death by one of these things would disagree with you, Organgrinder, as would the family of the man in Shropshire who was killed yesterday. It's this breed time after time that seriously injures/kills someone. Cry me a river but it won't wash with me or the thousands of people that petitioned to get these things banned.

1 minute ago, Irene Swaine said:

This variety of dogs is the one that's causing the problem. It's them that need to be got rid of. It's nearly always these types that cause the death. Why should people's lives be ruined because someone wants a "status symbol" pet that terrorises everyone? The Dangerous Dog Act is in place for a reason. This breed of dog is chosen for specific reasons by cowardly owners. I don't know what on earth possesses someone to want to share their home with one of these ugly, vile things. Oh yes I do, status on their estate and a dog to do their fighting for them. I am sure the family of Jack Lis, a young boy brutally mauled to death by one of these things would disagree with you, Organgrinder, as would the family of the man in Shropshire who was killed yesterday. It's this breed time after time that seriously injures/kills someone. Cry me a river but it won't wash with me or the thousands of people that petitioned to get these things banned.

Is it your belief then,  that we should get rid of everything which causes a lot of deaths,   or is it just the families of people who are killed by dogs that count ?????

If so,  please explain why.

2 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Is it your belief then,  that we should get rid of everything which causes a lot of deaths,   or is it just the families of people who are killed by dogs that count ?????

If so,  please explain why.

My belief counts and so does theirs. These are a type of dog that are bred for fighting and attacking. They are selected by their owners for wrong doing and they are killing an increasing number of people as the weeks go on. They are harming people that have not agreed to be subjected to them, even people sat in thsir own back gardens. I can't spell it out any more clearly. If your dog gets pregnant, you will soon be committing an offense by breeding it. I really hope you experience the full extremities of the law. Owning dogs like that, is not acceptable. You could have a wide variety of dog, take your pick, so why do you choose the one breed out of hundreds that poses a significant threat to our lives and our quality of lives, with so many parks being no go areas because of these things, what attracts you to them? We, the people are saying enough is enough. Parents of young children are saying enough is enough. Relatives of victims are saying enough is enough. Your excuses, "it's not the dog, it's the owner, my Hendrix wouldn't hurt a fly, blah blah blah" don't work anymore. Time is up.

• Like 3