American Xl Bully Dog Ban

3 minutes ago, dsweetman said:

Why do people need dogs anyway??same goes for cats that invade my garden!

If you don't know,  there's not much point asking the question because you will never understand anyway.

5 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

If you don't know,  there's not much point asking the question because you will never understand anyway.

as I see it great numbers of persons decided to have a dog during the covid thing.They now find that it is a very expensive fashion accessory that needs constant care and attention which they are unable to provide in the real world!The people that have aggressive dogs usually have something to hide (drugs etc.)

2 hours ago, Baron99 said:

As the original poster, you all seem to be  arguing about the breeds of dogs, that's why I said ALL dog owners should have their dogs muzzled when out in public places.   All RESPONSIBLE owners, (my German Shepherd is already muzzled when we go out), wouldn't have a problem with this & you could bring this legislation in within a few weeks for all dogs. 

Put the onus back on the owner of the dogs, rather than the breed.  Responsible owner, controlled dog.  

Agree with you in a way but what happens if an unmuzzled dog (which will happen with the idiots out there ) attacks your dog . Your dog couldn't defend itself .

14 minutes ago, dsweetman said:

as I see it great numbers of persons decided to have a dog during the covid thing.They now find that it is a very expensive fashion accessory that needs constant care and attention which they are unable to provide in the real world!The people that have aggressive dogs usually have something to hide (drugs etc.)

There are a real lot of assumptions there.

It is known that people got dogs which they can now no longer afford to keep because of 

1 - rising prices of everything causing people to cut back,       and     2  -  The astronomical rise in vet's charges which are being investigated.

Can you prove that all these people are buying dogs as a "fashion accessory"  ?

Most of us dislike people with aggressive dogs but again,  it's just your assumption that they all have drugs or whatever.

You appear to know nothing about dogs or even their owners so are just repeating what you've heard and your comments can't really be taken seriously.

Edited by Organgrinder

26 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Agree with you in a way but what happens if an unmuzzled dog (which will happen with the idiots out there ) attacks your dog . Your dog couldn't defend itself .

After I'd launched that dog into the air, I'd take our Sabre's muzzle off & let him finish the mutt off. 

I'd have no issue kicking a dog to defend myself or my dog. 

45 minutes ago, dsweetman said:

That's because many paid £1k plus for a GermanLabbyCockerPoodleBoxerPanielRussell 'pedigree', the type of dog you could by for £5 from a bloke in a pub 20 years ago when we used to call them mongrels. 

Edited by Baron99
  • Like 1