Russell Brand

Again it's all about some gold diggers looking to make some quick cash

Back in the day the tabloids used to call it "Kiss & Tell" 

Back then it involved a bit of embarrassment and shame but now it's about cancelling and destroying a man's life 

Does anyone really think that Russell Brand had to take advantage of any women when he was fighting them off with a stick with poo in it? 

They were throwing themselves at him 

Edited by Jack Grey
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Every time I hear these kind of allegations my reaction is why did they not say anything at the time ?

Deeply cynical......

And there are 4 women making these accusations at the same time

Which would suggest that someone actively went to seek them out

"Hey.....did sleep with Russell Brand?"

"Yes"

"Wanna make some quick cash and get 5 mins of fame?"

"Yes"

"Excellent......I'll just take a small lawyers commission of 20% on any compensation you get"

Edited by Jack Grey
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Every time I hear these kind of allegations my reaction is why did they not say anything at the time ?

Deeply cynical......

Probably because they were too young, too scared,. vulnerable.

After watching the documentary it was clear that Brand was a bit of a force given his popularity at the time. One brave comedian spoke out on the documentary and gave insight that Brands antics were known in the comedy circle and people were warned.

He had clearly been protected by his Agents and his employers. So expecting a 16 yr old and other young women to go up against him is a big ask.

The bloke is a complete moron.

I think a lot of the problem is with folk like Brand is that they are having women constantly throwing themselves at them and it goes to their head, thinking that they can get away with anything. The phone call to Andrew Sachs proves what kind of individual he is mind.

As others have said though, innocent until proven guilty regarding these allegations.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Delayed said:

Probably because they were too young, too scared,. vulnerable.

After watching the documentary it was clear that Brand was a bit of a force given his popularity at the time. One brave comedian spoke out on the documentary and gave insight that Brands antics were known in the comedy circle and people were warned.

He had clearly been protected by his Agents and his employers. So expecting a 16 yr old and other young women to go up against him is a big ask.

Cobblers. People can't keep using that "pathetic victim" argument, it's patronising, and even insulting.

It's also totally consistent that it's the same people who have this obsession with nobody ever getting upset about anything. 

"Ohh how terrible, even if what happened might well have been legal and/or consensual if anyone was upset by it then it's SO serious (even though they never said anything about it at the time......)".

Man up.

Edited by Chekhov

Just now, Chekhov said:

Cobblers. People can't keep using that "pathetic victim" argument, it's patronising, and even insulting.

It's also totally consistent that it's the same people who have this obsession with nobody ever getting upset about anything. 

"Ohh how terrible, even if what happened might well have been legal and/or consensual if anyone was upset by it then it's SO serious (even though they never said anything about it at the time......)".

Man up.

Why are you arguing about a 16 year old being subjected to non consensual sex by a man in his 30's?

That's what was in the documentary and that's what I'm referring to 

Or should this 16yr have been told to 'Man Up'?

And your despicable response is probably the same response she'd have expected if reported at the time. 

• Like 1