Russell Brand

9 minutes ago, top4718 said:

I'm not a fan of Brand at all but do we really want to go down the road of trial by media, if he's done whats alleged let him have his day in court.

An ex page 3 model Rhian Brewster who doesn't particularly like Brand now as he campaigned to get rid of page 3 after a number of the girls tuned down his advances said she had a relationship with him years ago and he was nothing like he's being portrayed.

Let the CPS decide if theirs a case to answer not Channel 4.

Absolutely 👍

By all means look at the information gathered by the journalists but an investigation needs to be done and done properly by the authorities. 

As I said earlier, these rumours have been doing the rounds for along while but the mainstream media didn't touch it. It was my 'loopy conspiracy theory sites' where I first heard about them. 

Edited by The_DADDY

Just now, The_DADDY said:

Absolutely 👍

By all means look at the information gathered by the journalists but an investigation needs to be done and done properly by the authorities. 

As I said earlier, these rumours have been doing the rounds for along while but the mainstream media didn't touch it. It was my 'loopy conspiracy theory sites' where I first heard about them. 

a conspiracy of the conspiracy sites over a conspiracy theorist no way?

1 hour ago, top4718 said:

I'm not a fan of Brand at all but do we really want to go down the road of trial by media, if he's done whats alleged let him have his day in court.

An ex page 3 model Rhian Brewster who doesn't particularly like Brand now as he campaigned to get rid of page 3 after a number of the girls tuned down his advances said she had a relationship with him years ago and he was nothing like he's being portrayed.

Let the CPS decide if theirs a case to answer not Channel 4.

Because of  Brand , page three model Rhian Brewster had to change careers and now plays for Sheffield United   😀

Edited by hackey lad

6 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Because of  Brand , page three model Rhian Brewster had to change careers and now plays for Sheffield United   😀

And here's me thinking he was absolutely rubbish up top.

8 hours ago, Jack Grey said:

misogynistic and racist?

So predictable 

I took you off my ignored list because lately you've been less abusive and giving some fairly decent alternative view points 

But within less than day you start with your vicious unprovoked name calling

Have some Horlicks and calm down 

I wouldn't take it personally, misogynistic is the new word to throw around that has replaced racist and incel.  I find it rather funny if I am honest.... my guess is " groomer" will be the next insult to chuck around.

1 hour ago, Al Bundy said:

And here's me thinking he was absolutely rubbish up top.

I wouldn't take it personally, misogynistic is the new word to throw around that has replaced racist and incel.  I find it rather funny if I am honest.... my guess is " groomer" will be the next insult to chuck around.

All I said was that Brand was entitled to a fair trial and I will make a judgement after that process

So apparently now I'm a misogynist and I think it's ok to sexually assault women

They read one thing and see another

It's because they are so angry at everything that they froth at the mouth and lose all sense of perspective so they start screaming abuse 

I like to call it "left wing tourettes"

Edited by Jack Grey

25 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

All I said was that Brand was entitled to a fair trial and I will make a judgement after that process

So apparently now I'm a misogynist and I think it's ok to sexually assault women

They read one thing and see another

It's because they are so angry at everything that they froth at the mouth and lose all sense of perspective so they start screaming abuse 

I like to call it "left wing tourettes"

I call it childish, but it is funny.

Oh sorry, forgot..

RACIST!!!!!

MISOGYNIST!!!!!

Edited by Al Bundy
  • Haha 1

Good article here from The Spectator, though I suspect that most of us have already come to similar conclusions: The ‘naive cynicism’ of Russell Brand’s hasty defenders:

... There are many ways to take an oppositional view of this sort of thing. But if your first reaction is to tap your nose and raise an eyebrow and, before you’ve even considered the report itself, to speculate about the motivations of the reporting, you’re a damn fool. This falls into the category that my old editor Charles Moore used to call ‘naive cynicism’: a phrase that nicely captures the self-complimenting logic of the conspiracy theorist.

If nothing the mainstream media says can be trusted by virtue of its being the mainstream media (and serving as one the agenda of the World Economic Forum, or the paedo-lizards, or Big Pharma, or the Neoliberal Establishment, or the Postmodern Marxist Deep State, or what have you), you are adrift in an entirely post-truth environment. You don’t know more than the ‘sheeple’ who watch the news and read newspapers: you know less. You’ll pick your guru, ‘do your own research’ down a YouTube rabbit-hole algorithmically serving you ever more conspiratorial content, and you’ll lose touch with the boring, fastidious, fact-based-and-needing-to-be-careful-not-to-be-sued work of professional reporters that might help you back to reality.

... you could conclude, as I do, that there is now a scarily large mass of ordinary people who’ll believe any daft thing if they’re told ‘the establishment’ is trying to suppress it; and that there are a number of social-media celebrities, from around the world and across the political spectrum, who should know better but are making a good living out of encouraging them.

Much as I agree with this, I'd add an emphasis on the wilful nature of the gullibility; a core of complementary inclinations, shall we say, looking for an outlet.

Russell Brand   -   A very naughty and very unfunny comedian with a big undeserved ego.

Apart from investigating the allegations,  I'm surprised that anyone cares