Russell Brand

9 hours ago, Dannyno said:

First of all, you can find someone on the internet to support just about any position you care to mention. Doesn't mean there's either anything to it at all, and certainly not that it's indicative of things "these days".

Secondly, the Cassidy Boon "saved from drowning/sexual assault" story you're talking about has its origins on a "satirical" website.   It got turned into a video.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/cassidy-boon-drowning/

So it's not even true that anyone real actually thought this.

Fair do's - now you've posted that it does ring a bell. Oh well... i guess you can't trust everything you see on the internet and in the media. I'll hold my hands up that my 'research' was sloppy.

However, in answer to the post you quoted, i never claimed it was 'how everyone thinks'.

But, there are man-hating women out there who claim that society doesn't need men... without realising they actually do.

2 hours ago, Mister Gee said:

The headbangers are at each other’s throats on this one.

Or... another way of looking at it is that people can hold different views even if they are on the 'same side'.

It is possible for conservaties to hold some liberal views and vice versa.

• Like 1

I'm amazed 90% of the rock and pop stars of the 60s and 70s aren't quaking in their boots. Sex with random girl fans was seen as a perk of the job. Times were very different then.

Groupies who followed these guys around aiming to sleep with them were very much stock in trade during the 'swinging sixties,' quite a few underage, and nobody batted an eyelid. I'm not saying it was right, but there was no coercion, they were ready and willing to throw themselves at the pop stars. It was a notch in their bedposts.

Any one of them could decide to come forward and claim it was rape at the time.

How would you prove it? Or prove your innocence all these years later?

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Anna B said:

I'm amazed 90% of the rock and pop stars of the 60s and 70s aren't quaking in their boots. Sex with random girl fans was seen as a perk of the job. Times were very different then.

Groupies who followed these guys around aiming to sleep with them were very much stock in trade during the 'swinging sixties,' quite a few underage, and nobody batted an eyelid. I'm not saying it was right, but there was no coercion, they were ready and willing to throw themselves at the pop stars. It was a notch in their bedposts.

Cliff Richards , never Anna .  How dare you .

4 hours ago, Anna B said:

What's makes me suspicious that the main aim is always money

If they just wanted justice then fine

But it's always about a payoff 

And to get the maximum amount they need a conviction

I don't like that system 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

I don't like that system 

Obviously a shed load of money cures trauma and mental health issues.

🙄

5 hours ago, Anna B said:

My bold. 

40  odd years on, I wonder how the Rolling Stones' Bill Wyman would be viewed now?  He got off lightly back in the 1980:s compared to the scrutiny he:d come under these days. 

And it's not just rock stars.  You only have to look back at newspaper stories of the likes of Tony Blackburn boasting he slept with around 4 women a week, back in the day or even Sheffield's own Peter Stringfellow boasting of sleeping with around 3,000 women as part of their publicity machines. 

55 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

I don't like that system 

My bold. 

If any were after money, I doubt whether they would have waited 20 years in some cases. 

3 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

My bold. 

40  odd years on, I wonder how the Rolling Stones' Bill Wyman would be viewed now?  He got off lightly back in the 1980:s compared to the scrutiny he:d come under these days. 

And it's not just rock stars.  You only have to look back at newspaper stories of the likes of Tony Blackburn boasting he slept with around 4 women a week, back in the day or even Sheffield's own Peter Stringfellow boasting of sleeping with around 3,000 women as part of their publicity machines. 

It's not a crime to sleep with women who throw themselves at you

If women only want to sleep with someone because they are rich and famous then why shouldn't men take advantage of that 

12 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

My bold. 

My bold. 

If any were after money, I doubt whether they would have waited 20 years in some cases. 

They never seemed to have a shortage of participants did they.