Russell Brand

23 minutes ago, Mister M said:

>>Axe said:
The women he entraps effectively prostitute themselves.  Then when they are cast aside they bear a grudge.  Years later an opportunity arises for them to get their revenge.<<

Really poor quality trolling. 

Trolling is arguing, with someone on a forum for the sake of it, or insulting them.

Thus that post is not trolling, it's just that you might not agree with it.

Personally I think it is a bit harsh, but it does have a ring of truth to it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Trolling is arguing, with someone on a forum for the sake of it, or insulting them.

Thus that post is not trolling, it's just that you might not agree with it.

Personally I think it is a bit harsh, but it does have a ring of truth to it.

I only defined it as trolling as it has a lurid, attention seeking ring to it.

Maybe he genuinely thinks people who are sexual assaulted are asking for it, and are only angry because they have been spurned. If he does think that, then I feel sorry for him.

• Like 1

Just now, Mister M said:

Maybe he genuinely thinks people who are sexual assaulted are asking for it, and are only angry because they have been spurned. If he does think that, then I feel sorry for him.

My view of how serious sexual assault is took a massive dive after that infamous tale of the young woman who got in a drunken snog with a young man, then claimed sexual assault when he tried groping her boob.

And, I seem to remember, we had a load of people on here saying it was actually sexual assault.

Well if that was sexual assault I couldn't care less about "sexual assault" anymore.

7 minutes ago, Mister M said:

You're assuming women were telling the truth

No one knows what has happened but he deserves a fair trial whether you like him or not 

Maybe someone should drag up your posts on Kevin Spacey when he was accused of assaulting people 

Edited by Jack Grey

16 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

You're assuming women were telling the truth

No one knows what has happened but he deserves a fair trial whether you like him or not 

Maybe someone should drag up your posts on Kevin Spacey when he was accused of assaulting people 

Go for it Jack, the thread is here:

I can't find any posts of mine, there are some pretty unsavoury ones by you though.

I agree he deserves a fair trial - but the women he's alleged to have assaulted don't deserve to be called prostitutes who are only angry when cast aside

17 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

My view of how serious sexual assault is took a massive dive after that infamous tale of the young woman who got in a drunken snog with a young man, then claimed sexual assault when he tried groping her boob.

And, I seem to remember, we had a load of people on here saying it was actually sexual assault.

Well if that was sexual assault I couldn't care less about "sexual assault" anymore.

Have you seen the documentary Checkov?

Edited by Mister M

I'm all supportive of any victim of sexual assault or worse- but why do some of these victims come out years (sometimes decades) later?

Why not just get on with it at the time of the offence- if you were raped or assaulted, go to the police/ authorities or go public if that suits you.

If you're determined and were attacked/ assaulted, molested etc, then no one or thing should be allowed to stop you or stand in your way!

30 minutes ago, ThaBoom said:

I'm all supportive of any victim of sexual assault or worse- but why do some of these victims come out years (sometimes decades) later?

Why not just get on with it at the time of the offence- if you were raped or assaulted, go to the police/ authorities or go public if that suits you.

If you're determined and were attacked/ assaulted, molested etc, then no one or thing should be allowed to stop you or stand in your way!

because youre not a woman (i dont think) or a victim of sexual assault (i dont think) so you cant judge on how somebodys reactions would be, how they feel, how they feel people around them would listen.

James Cleverly has already come out and stated no matter what industry or place of work or part of society youre in, those in power and with power need to listen more to people under them.

take hollywood, a lot dont come forward at first as they are the bottom of the pile

young

female

inexperienced

not as many close friends

sometimes new to the area and family and friends a long way off

trying to break in the industry.

Its not always easy to find a sympathetic ear, or somebody who wont dismiss it, or even worse be friends with the alledged perpetrator and warn them.

Thats how this all works, those in power abusing their power by  taking advantage of those with no power

In Russell Brands case, the 16 (at the time) year old has been told the secrets etc he told her, are a classic symptom of grooming, and she says she didnt know it was grooming at the time.

Edited by melthebell

4 minutes ago, melthebell said:

because youre not a woman (i dont think) or a victim of sexual assault (i dont think) so you cant judge on how somebodys reactions would be, how they feel, how they feel people around them would listen.

James Cleverly has already come out and stated no matter what industry or place of work or part of society youre in, those in power and with power need to listen more to people under them.

take hollywood, a lot dont come forward at first as they are the bottom of the pile

young

female

inexperienced

not as many close friends

sometimes new to the area and family and friends a long way off

trying to break in the industry.

Its not always easy to find a sympathetic ear, or somebody who wont dismiss it, or even worse be friends with the alledged perpetrator and warn them.

Thats how this all works, those in power abusing their power by  taking advantage of those with no power

That's correct,  and in a similar way,  most kids who are bullied at school don't report it either,   and sometimes,  even take their own  life rather than tell somebody.

People can react in odd ways,   but this doesn't diminish the offence and it  doesn't let the transgressors off the hook.