Russell Brand

1 hour ago, Chekhov said:

My view of how serious sexual assault is took a massive dive after that infamous tale of the young woman who got in a drunken snog with a young man, then claimed sexual assault when he tried groping her boob.

And, I seem to remember, we had a load of people on here saying it was actually sexual assault.

Well if that was sexual assault I couldn't care less about "sexual assault" anymore.

I’m not sure that anyone is bothered about the opinion of a 50+, white, male refusenik, when it comes to sexual assault on women.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, melthebell said:

because youre not a woman (i dont think) or a victim of sexual assault (i dont think) so you cant judge on how somebodys reactions would be, how they feel, how they feel people around them would listen.

James Cleverly has already come out and stated no matter what industry or place of work or part of society youre in, those in power and with power need to listen more to people under them.

take hollywood, a lot dont come forward at first as they are the bottom of the pile

young

female

inexperienced

not as many close friends

sometimes new to the area and family and friends a long way off

trying to break in the industry.

Its not always easy to find a sympathetic ear, or somebody who wont dismiss it, or even worse be friends with the alledged perpetrator and warn them.

Thats how this all works, those in power abusing their power by  taking advantage of those with no power

In Russell Brands case, the 16 (at the time) year old has been told the secrets etc he told her, are a classic symptom of grooming, and she says she didnt know it was grooming at the time.

Don't agree- if there is sufficient evidence and other witnesses- even the unheard will be heard.

The victim should be bringing the abuser down, expose him/ her.

1 minute ago, ThaBoom said:

Don't agree- if there is sufficient evidence and other witnesses- even the unheard will be heard.

simply not true, its not as black and white as that, for one how would the victim know there was other victims? They are alone, they are powerless, people (especially back decades ago) dont listen.

11 minutes ago, melthebell said:

simply not true, its not as black and white as that, for one how would the victim know there was other victims? They are alone, they are powerless, people (especially back decades ago) dont listen.

Surely if a person in power is abusing someone then its likely he/ she has done it before. 

I know organisations know ( could be BBC or other) who keep silent- as disgusting as it is, but others would have been victims too. These ppl would be witnesses as they naturally come out.

So, I don't agree with them coming public years and years later- if my wife or daughter was abused, I'd move mountains to ensure it goes public there and then, and bring the abuser down.

23 minutes ago, ThaBoom said:

Easy to say when you're not a 16 year old girl,  up against someone rich &famous with  friends in high places.

12 minutes ago, ThaBoom said:

Surely if a person in power is abusing someone then its likely he/ she has done it before. 

I know organisations know ( could be BBC or other) who keep silent- as disgusting as it is, but others would have been victims too. These ppl would be witnesses as they naturally come out.

So, I don't agree with them coming public years and years later- if my wife or daughter was abused, I'd move mountains to ensure it goes public there and then, and bring the abuser down.

And what if your wife or daughter told you it had happened years ago would you tell them to forget it due to the passage of time ?

5 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

I'm surprised that Beca hasn't shut down this thread yet as it's an ongoing investigation 

None of us are hindering that investigation in any way,  and you can never pass a law to stop the public talking about something if they wish to..

Even Russia and China don't manage that,  although they try.

Edited by Organgrinder

2 hours ago, Mister M said:

>>Chekhov said:
My view of how serious sexual assault is took a massive dive after that infamous tale of the young woman who got in a drunken snog with a young man, then claimed sexual assault when he tried groping her boob.

And, I seem to remember, we had a load of people on here saying it was actually sexual assault.

Well if that was sexual assault I couldn't care less about "sexual assault" anymore.<<

Have you seen the documentary Checkov?

What documentary ?

But, in any case the salient sentence is here :

And it's those people who are proclaiming sexual assault in Brand's case, and those people whose opinion of what constitutes sexual assault is of no interest to me.

If people keep lowering the bar of what constitutes sexual assault, more and more people will stop thinking it is anything significant .

You sow what you reap. 

1 hour ago, Prettytom said:

I’m not sure that anyone is bothered about the opinion of a 50+, white, male refusenik, when it comes to sexual assault on women.

Why should they be any more bothered what you, or any of the other Leftie Authoritarians say ?

Let me tell you something, I have never spoken to anyone who thinks it's sexual assault for a woman to grope a woman's boob during a drunken snog. If she doesn't fancy him why did she get into said snog ?

In the reverse direction, if I were single and in a  drunken snog with a woman and she tried groping by butt, I would not think it was "sexual assault", so why is it that any different ? Or are you a sexist ?

6 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Dear god!!!! 

If you are talking about a Russell Brand documentary that has nothing to do with my point, I was talking generally.

Edited by Chekhov