Russell Brand

3 hours ago, Chekhov said:

Trolling is arguing, with someone on a forum for the sake of it, or insulting them.

Thus that post is not trolling, it's just that you might not agree with it.

Personally I think it is a bit harsh, but it does have a ring of truth to it.

It is ironic that one half of the Cheeky Girls has the brass neck to accuse any poster of trolling.  If it was not for trolling the Cheeky Girls would have nothing to wake up in the morning for.

1 hour ago, Chekhov said:

What documentary ?

The documentary into Russell Brand 

But, in any case the salient sentence is here :

And, I seem to remember, we had a load of people on here saying it was actually sexual assault.

The people who get to decide what the salient point is are the institutions of the criminal justice system.

And it's those people who are proclaiming sexual assault in Brand's case, and those people whose opinion of what constitutes sexual assault is of no interest to me.

If people keep lowering the bar of what constitutes sexual assault, more and more people will stop thinking it is anything significant .

You sow what you reap. 

No you don't seem to get it. If you're referring back to the case of a guy groping a woman's boob when she didn't want it, doesn't in any way become insignificant when a separate case of rape come to light. 

If I had been burgled and someone took £5,000 worth of goods, and you had been burgled and they took away with £3,000 worth of goods, no one's going to say, "Checkov had it easy, what happened to him was insignificant, Mister M had it more difficult". We had both been wronged, and both deserve the crimes which happened to us properly looked into.

29 minutes ago, Axe said:

It is ironic that one half of the Cheeky Girls has the brass neck to accuse any poster of trolling.  If it was not for trolling the Cheeky Girls would have nothing to wake up in the morning for.

This is what you stated:

The women he entraps effectively prostitute themselves.  Then when they are cast aside they bear a grudge.  Years later an opportunity arises for them to get their revenge.

Just think for a minute of the grossness of what you said.

3 hours ago, melthebell said:

>>ThaBoom said:
I'm all supportive of any victim of sexual assault or worse- but why do some of these victims come out years (sometimes decades) later?

Why not just get on with it at the time of the offence- if you were raped or assaulted, go to the police/ authorities or go public if that suits you.

If you're determined and were attacked/ assaulted, molested etc, then no one or thing should be allowed to stop you or stand in your way!<<

because youre not a woman (i dont think) or a victim of sexual assault (i dont think)

A sexist and patronising statement.

Personally, if someone had attacked me nothing would stand in the way of me trying to get justice, and as soon as possible.

Edited by Chekhov

1 minute ago, Chekhov said:

Personally, if someone had attacked me nothing would stand in the way of me trying to get justice, and as soon as possible.

funnily enough you snipped the rest of my statement as to the possible reasons why people dont

Just now, Chekhov said:

Some do, but many don't.

Many victims of sexual assault feel they won't be taken seriously, will have their mobile phones taken from them, will have every aspect of their lives crawled all over, will be blamed, shamed, and humiliated.

23 minutes ago, Mister M said:

No you don't seem to get it. If you're referring back to the case of a guy groping a woman's boob when she didn't want it, doesn't in any way become insignificant when a separate case of rape come to light. 

You are misquoting the incident, let me correct you :

the case of a guy groping a woman's boob, whilst in a drunken snog with him, when she didn't want it.

And I was talking here about the definition of so called "sexual assault", not rape.

Edited by Chekhov