Russell Brand

1 hour ago, Organgrinder said:

You are trying to distract but,  despite all that    -    Do you think that what he did was OK ?

I acknowledge that If it's true then obviously what he did was NOT OK and he should go to prison

But you have to also accept that he could be innocent

He hasn't been charged with a crime yet 

1 hour ago, cressida said:

Is it a myth that some blokes get carried away that they can't stop?

If a girl says STOP then absolutely men should stop

I've also left situations where I felt that the girl was too drunk to know what is happening

This has resulted in appreciation which can work in my favour as a trustworthy man

But I've also had girls asking why the hell I left when they wanted to have sex 😬

At the end of the day it's better to protect myself

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

I acknowledge that If it's true then obviously what he did was NOT OK and he should go to prison

But you have to also accept that he could be innocent

He hasn't been charged with a crime yet 

I do accept that and have never said that he's guilty,  or even that he has committed any crime.

I did say that he should not have been taking advantage of a schoolgirl ( which he obviously was ) and that still applies even if she could be regarded as promiscuous.

I have read people regard Mr. Brand as a misogymist because of his comments  and type of stage shows.

I would like someone who believes this to explain why women went to his shows, enjoyed them and became close to him .

This is just a straight forward question not trying to defend the man or give any opinion or views on what is happening or has happened.

Edited by harvey19

58 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Morning Cressida.

Look, absolutely no one is saying what Brand has done ( if guilty) is right and he deserves everything coming if he has done those awful things, however, others and myself included are just putting forward that not all women are sweet innocent souls, that's all. 

As I've mentioned before I worked in the nightclub and bar trade for 15 odd years in London and some of the things I've seen, especially from girls wanting attention from famous people would make your hair curl. I've also been on the recieving end of vicious rumours from a couple of ladies that have not responded too kindly from being shall we say, being rejected or not received the attention they demanded.

Morning Al,

I believe everything you posted,   some girls throw themselves at fellas which becomes a kind of rivalry often,  personally I like a guy to do the chasing but it has t be mutual.

The problem Brand is facing is that dirty linen is being washed in public without there being a charge against him,  the police are waiting for more women to come forward but even so it could becoming bandwagon jumping.

Edited by cressida
replaced would with could..
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

I have read people regard Mr. Brand as a misogymist because of his comments  and type of stage shows.

I would like someone who believes this to explain why women went to his shows, enjoyed them and became close to him .

This is just a straight forward question not trying to defend the man or give any opinion or views on what is happening or has happened.

Not really relevant harvey.     Eva Braun loved Adolph Hitler didn't she,  but that didn't prove he was a nice guy.

I don't know how women think,  any more than you do but,  had that been my  daughter, granddaughter, niece whatever,  I would have been pretty annoyed and disgusted.

No accounting for tastes.  I'm sure every nasty bloke on the planet knew people who cared for them.

24 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Not really relevant harvey.     Eva Braun loved Adolph Hitler didn't she,  but that didn't prove he was a nice guy.

I don't know how women think,  any more than you do but,  had that been my  daughter, granddaughter, niece whatever,  I would have been pretty annoyed and disgusted.

No accounting for tastes.  I'm sure every nasty bloke on the planet knew people who cared for them.

Bill Clinton cheated on his wife and Hilary still stayed with him

Is she a victim and is she enabling his behaviour? 

She claims to be a feminist