Russell Brand

3 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

Yeh! Because those women  are nutters like people on here who can't see what a freak Brand really  is. :roll:

Saw him once or twice and still can't stand him,  but,  won't let that get in the way of fair play,  I want him to have his day in court so hope the police find some evidence,  it can't only be a pile of girls with their own agendas.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Organgrinder said:

Not really relevant harvey.     Eva Braun loved Adolph Hitler didn't she,  but that didn't prove he was a nice guy.

I don't know how women think,  any more than you do but,  had that been my  daughter, granddaughter, niece whatever,  I would have been pretty annoyed and disgusted.

No accounting for tastes.  I'm sure every nasty bloke on the planet knew people who cared for them.

But a misgosynist is specifically someone who has no respect for women.

12 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

But a misgosynist is specifically someone who has no respect for women.

That's correct but I don't see the point you are making.    I don't like the modern mania that every act must be diagnosed and have a posh sounding name.

In my opinion,  Brand shouldn't be dating 16 year old schoolgirls and whether he's regarded as misogynist or not,  doesn't make any difference to me,  or  to the fact that he's out of line. 

I just see right and wrong and when I express it,   it's  just my own opinion.   If you thought there was no harm in what he does,  you're entitled to that opinion too.

Edited by Organgrinder

5 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

That's correct but I don't see the point you are making.    I don't like the modern mania that every act must be diagnosed and have a posh sounding name.

In my opinion,  Brand shouldn't be dating 16 year old schoolgirls and whether he's regarded as misogynist or not,  doesn't make any difference to me,  or  to the fact that he's out of line. 

I just see right and wrong and when I express it,   it's  just my own opinion.   If you thought there was no harm in what he does,  you're entitled to that opinion too.

If his stage act is full misgosynist material why do women want to watch it and apparently enjoy it ?

I fully agree a 37 year old man should not be dating a 16 year old girl nor do I agree with his other alleged behaviour.

I fully agree with your post,  but my point was separate to any allegations and wondered why do some women pay to see a show where they are referred to in the way he did ?

Edited by harvey19

3 hours ago, harvey19 said:

I have read people regard Mr. Brand as a misogymist because of his comments  and type of stage shows.

I would like someone who believes this to explain why women went to his shows, enjoyed them and became close to him .

This is just a straight forward question not trying to defend the man or give any opinion or views on what is happening or has happened.

I think it's because some women have been negligent about communing with the matriarchal mothership to obtain the latest set of universally applicable orders for the femmiborg...

Some Trump-supporting women wore t-shirts proclaiming that they'd be happy to have Trump unexpectedly grab their nether regions, back when we thought that breaking news about his abusive proclivities would upend his election campaign.  Some middle-aged men think that sex with schoolgirls is perfectly fine.  Not all people think the same, even about issues such as what counts as disrespectful or abusive behaviour.

29 minutes ago, Hecate said:

I think it's because some women have been negligent about communing with the matriarchal mothership to obtain the latest set of universally applicable orders for the femmiborg...

Some Trump-supporting women wore t-shirts proclaiming that they'd be happy to have Trump unexpectedly grab their nether regions, back when we thought that breaking news about his abusive proclivities would upend his election campaign.  Some middle-aged men think that sex with schoolgirls is perfectly fine.  Not all people think the same, even about issues such as what counts as disrespectful or abusive behaviour.

I think you are right.

35 minutes ago, cressida said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-66840814

"Russell Brand denials 'laughable and insulting'"

From the link..

One of the women who has accused entertainer Russell Brand of sexual assault when she was 16 has said his behaviour was an "open secret".

The woman, known as Alice, added that allegations against him have been "a long time coming".

The comedian and actor has been accused of rape and sexual assaults between 2006 and 2013, which he denies.

Speaking through an actor to Emma Barnett on Woman's Hour, she said his denial was "laughable" and "insulting".

Interesting that this 'woman' has been given the same fake name as the 'woman' who alleged Andrew Tate abused her. 🤔

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

From the link..

One of the women who has accused entertainer Russell Brand of sexual assault when she was 16 has said his behaviour was an "open secret".

The woman, known as Alice, added that allegations against him have been "a long time coming".

The comedian and actor has been accused of rape and sexual assaults between 2006 and 2013, which he denies.

Speaking through an actor to Emma Barnett on Woman's Hour, she said his denial was "laughable" and "insulting".

Interesting that this 'woman' has been given the same fake name as the 'woman' who alleged Andrew Tate abused her. 🤔

Straw clutching .