Lampedusa

55 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Ive heard this is basically an 'invasion'.. 

Whilst I feel for genuine asylum seekers I do also feel an awful lot of sympathy for Lampedusa. The numbers of new arrivals will simply be unsustainable so in the end everyone will suffer.

They must feel outnumbered,  actually I believe someone said they were outnumbered.

I  remember one African remarking after a boatload landed in Italy - Lake Garda,  'This is Africa'.

Edited by cressida

51 minutes ago, cressida said:

They must feel outnumbered,  actually I believe someone said they were outnumbered.

I  remember one African remarking after a boatload landed in Italy - Lake Garda,  'This is Africa'.

My bold

Yes, I vaguely remember that. 

Looks like he had a point if this is the way things are heading. 

1 hour ago, Organgrinder said:

They certainly are but I can't understand why everyone's surprised.

It was said that this would happen and keep on growing worse because of the effects of climate change,  rises in food prices and shortages of such,   and worsening living conditions.

All whilst the citizens of richer countries pay lip service to fairness and equality whilst continuing to party as though there were no tomorrow.

Of course they say   I want some of that,  as we search for more oil and gas instead of keeping the promises we made.

Why would people who have nothing want to come to one of the most expensive countries in the world?

Because once they get here they don't need any money and never will

Because everything is free