Lampedusa

12 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Come on man , how long has she been in charge of it ? 

Not very long, but longer than the previous occupant who only lasted 6 days.

Because it's in such a state, do you not think it would be wise for her and her colleagues instead of flying to where ever to lecture others about human rights, but to get a grip of the department she is supposed to be heading?

It does strike me that she is trying to make political capital out of the failure of her and her predecessors.

Edited by Mister M

1 minute ago, Mister M said:

Not very long, but longer than the previous occupant who only lasted 6 days.

Because it's in such a state, do you not think it would be wise for her and her colleagues instead of flying to where ever to lecture others about human rights, but to get a grip of the department she is supposed to be heading?

It does strike me that she is trying to make political capital out of the failure of her and her predecessors failures.

Yea , if she can't master her brief  in a short time she should resign . 

1 hour ago, Jack Grey said:

The pro illegal migration advocates on here always quote the law and treaties whenever we talk about people not being in danger when they come from France

But she has allowed 500,000 to come here, since the Conservatives promised to keep immigration below 100,000 they have let in more than 2,000,000 MORE.

4 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Yea , if she can't master her brief  in a short time she should resign . 

There's a big difference between mastering her brief in a short space of time, and deliberately crowing over its failures to an international audience.

Further her intervention on the case of Chris Kaba, a live and ongoing case, was inept from a Home Secretary, as it could potentially prejudice the case. You'd expect a former Attorney General to understand that.

3 minutes ago, El Cid said:

But she has allowed 500,000 to come here, since the Conservatives promised to keep immigration below 100,000 they have let in more than 2,000,000 MORE.

Truth is the government don't know how to stop it,  the EU countries will be trying to stop it soon -  Hungary and Poland refuse point blank to let them stay,  they will be sending illegals back on planes so what do you suggest?

Would it cost less to breach international law  would it be a fine?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cressida said:

Truth is the government don't know how to stop it,  the EU countries will be trying to stop it soon -  Hungary and Poland refuse point blank to let them stay,  they will be sending illegals back on planes so what do you suggest?

I think that the probability is that international organisations will end up looking at where the 'hot spots' of conflict and catastrophe are and drawing up some kind of 'rationing system' based on this, and getting as many safe countries in the world to be signatories.

Rather than receiving people from small boats, which is unfair because often those who arrive on small boats, are usually the fittest and most able to look after themselves.

The situation is only going to get worse with the climate emergency the world is facing.

Doesn't surprise me that Hungary is taking the position that it is.

Edited by Mister M
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, El Cid said:

Uncontrolled and illegal migration is an "existential challenge for the political and cultural institutions of the West" says Suella Braverman, that is dispite letting in 80,000 asylum seekers and 520,000 migrants.

Is she barking mad, criticising her own Government,  even her own department.

What ?

1 hour ago, El Cid said:

What ?

7 hours ago, Mister M said:

I think that the probability is that international organisations will end up looking at where the 'hot spots' of conflict and catastrophe are and drawing up some kind of 'rationing system' based on this, and getting as many safe countries in the world to be signatories.

Rather than receiving people from small boats, which is unfair because often those who arrive on small boats, are usually the fittest and most able to look after themselves.

The situation is only going to get worse with the climate emergency the world is facing.

Doesn't surprise me that Hungary is taking the position that it is.

It will not surprise you then to know that Hungary doesn't have any riots, lootings and has a low crime rate. I bet Hungary will not have gangs of immigrants robbing football fans will it, or gangs of immigrants running drug cartels and carrying machetes in the street.

How dare they not put up with that, those absolute rotters!!!!

🤪🤪

Edited by Al Bundy

11 hours ago, cressida said:

The EU , that union of solidarity,  never in a million years .every one welcome .

5 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

It will not surprise you then to know that Hungary doesn't have any riots, lootings and has a low crime rate. I bet Hungary will not have gangs of immigrants robbing football fans will it, or gangs of immigrants running drug cartels and carrying machetes in the street.

How dare they not put up with that, those absolute rotters!!!!

🤪🤪

Can't imagine why you do not go and live in that Utopia instead of this crime ridden dump.

Says one thing and always does the other. I would guess that Alf Garnett was modelled on you.