Lampedusa

49 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Can't imagine why you do not go and live in that Utopia instead of this crime ridden dump.

Says one thing and always does the other. I would guess that Alf Garnett was modelled on you.

On the contrary my good man.

I spend lots of time in Central and Eastern Europe and my plan is to retire there.  I am actually on the black sea coast at the moment.

It's incredibly safe and a part of the world that still has common sense rather than doing stuff just to appease the shouty violent mob of leftie fascists.

Its lovely to be able to walk around city centers after midnight and feel safe.

👍

14 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

I spend lots of time in Central and Eastern Europe and my plan is to retire there.  I am actually on the black sea coast at the moment.

It's incredibly safe and a part of the world that still has common sense rather than doing stuff just to appease the shouty violent mob of leftie fascists.

👍

Strange how you would go all that way to such a lovely place and then spend your time on your phone arguing on Sheffield Forum.  Hope you're feeling ok.

Just keep your tin hat close by and watch out for those Ruskie & Ukranian missiles.

Edited by Organgrinder

4 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Strange how you would go all that way to such a lovely place and then spend your time on your phone arguing on Sheffield Forum.  Hope you're feeling ok.

Just keep your tin hat close by and watch out for those Ruskie & Ukranian missiles.

All good thanks, bit windy today mind.

Who's arguing?

Just putting my views across, just like everyone else on this forum. Nothing quite like a lazy day inside and perusing the internet whilst having a good old chin wag.

12 hours ago, hackey lad said:

What ?

What ?

In 2010 the Conservatives were elected on a promise to keep net immigration below 100,000 per year. Which would be a total of 1,300,000 up to 2023.

The actual total net immigrations figures between 2010 - 2023 is roughly 3,400,000

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modern_immigration_to_the_United_Kingdom#/media/File:UK_Migration_from_1970.svg

Edited by El Cid

1 hour ago, Al Bundy said:

👍

I do in Sheffield on occasions no problem .

On 24/09/2023 at 09:41, Al Bundy said:

Or values.

I see this mentioned quite a lot. Why are folk more accepting of Ukraine immigrants rather than those from Africa or the Middle East.

Serious question..

Do you think Ukrainian immigrants have more in common, with fellow Europeans, would find it easier to integrate into society and not have an element of extremists?  

Do you you think Ukrainian immigrants on the whole have similar values to most other Europeans, ( don't hate homosexuals and treat women as second class citizens) rather than African and Middle Eastern immigrants?

Does the UK have issues with immigrants from the Ukraine and Hong Kong because we never see any news about them sexually assaulting women, rioting and causing disturbances across Europe and selling drugs do we?

I think you will find that the answers to those questions will help you realise why most folk are more welcoming some some immigrants rather than others, it's got nothing to do with what colour they are.

👍

I disagree,  refugees are refugees.

Those genuinely seeking asylum from Middle East (mostly due to the destruction of their homeland by the West), should be welcome here just like how the world responded to Ukraine. 

9 minutes ago, ThaBoom said:

Those genuinely seeking asylum from Middle East (mostly due to the destruction of their homeland by the West), should be welcome here just like how the world responded to Ukraine. 

That's fine but you failed to answer any of the questions.

So the Middle East is mostly destroyed by the West, are you being serious?

Edited by Al Bundy

2 hours ago, ThaBoom said:

The majority of Ukrainian men are staying to fight for their country 

That's why the majority of the Ukrainian refugees are women and children 

Nearly all the "Asylum seekers" from the middle East and Africa are men

Doesn't that make you question their motives a little bit? 

Come on FFS 

Edited by Jack Grey
  • Like 1