Foot Problem

19 minutes ago, francypants said:

Sounds like a seed corn to me.

My husband and myself have a podiatrist who comes to our house every 8 weeks and she is excellent.

Previously my husband has had NHS treatment over a number of years ( we're in the Barnsley area ) and only once did he come away feeling satisfied with the treatment given.  They were absolutely useless.  In fact the final time he went ( just over a year ago ) the person giving him treatment didn't wear gloves,  only looked at one foot and the whole thing was over in about 10 minutes !!  ( I wondered if this so called chiropodist was really a car park attendant pretending to be a chiropodist he was that useless !  🤣  )

Ever since then we've paid for a private podiatrist and because she is so good, I have my feet done aswell.    We both have seed corns  ( as do many, many people they are very common )   My husband is an insulin dependant diabetic so has to be very careful with invasive treatment.

If left untreated seed corns can become deep seated and develop a hard skin top. ( Painful to walk on )  ..........   but with careful and persistant treatment they can be removed completely ( as was my husbands ) although it can take several visits.  The difference once these seed corns have been successfully removed is enormous.

If your chiropodist/podiatrist is fully trained, anything which looks suspicious or out of the normal range he/she should advise you to seek further medical advice surely.  Ours would.

Anyway, hope you get your feet sorted soon.   Good luck  ........ Francy

Wearing Flip-Flops all the time is not good for your feet!

• Haha 1

It could be a Morton's neuroma.   

That's a benign growth on one of the nerves on the foot.  Nothing to worry about but bloody painful until removed because of the confined space in the foot & it'll just keep getting bigger.  

I had one removed in day surgery at the Northern General back in 2007.   They just removed part of the nerve.   If it is a neuroma, they'll probably offer a cortisone injection in the meantime.  

16 hours ago, Runningman said:

It would appear that this Seed Corn I have is be caused by the pressure of the metal insert in the sole of my cycling shoes.

I have not been out on my bike for a couple of weeks and the corn seems to have disappeared.

Unfortunately you may find it comes back.   If a seed corn is deep, it has a root which needs to be 'dug out '  often this treatment takes several goes to get rid.   

• Like 1