Anyone On Tesco Mobile, And Can You Understand The Foreign Accents.

Janus

When joining Tesco for your phone provider, the initial call goes to a location in the Uk. However, when you later need help from customer care, at least one of the call centres is in South Africa, another is the UK. I understand there is a 3rd call centre but as yet I have not established which country it is in.

The call handlers are pleasant, and seem very keen to help. They all speak English but it is hit and miss whether or not you can tell what they are saying if you cop for S, Africa for example

EE and at least one other big provider brought their call centres  back  to the UK from India, apparently  because customers were struggling to understand the dialect.

It would be unfortunate if  the employment was pulled from under the workers in S, Africa etc. I'm not sure what the solution is. It is reasonble to assume that they don't catch all that we are saying with our local accents. Or maybe customers in Newcastle.

Tesco mobile joined o2 but I don't know where o2 are set up.

Amazon did have a South African call centre last time I had to use their help line about 2 years ago , so did a number of Insurance companies . I had no problem with their english . Mind you when I get the scam Indian callers I allways say I cannot understand what they are saying