Former Loch Fyne/Hannaran's Building

2 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

Hmmm... :huh:

It certainly is, Mr D!

What's the chance of someone asking a "random" question like that...

... only 2 days after the date on the the link provided? :roll:

Like most people, I don't read "The Star"...

Such a shame that a  prime retail/hospitality unit is set to become yet more flats. And what's all this nonsense about "key" workers? 🤢 If they need somewhere to sleep, there are numerous empty rooms on the now defunct floors of the Hallamshire hospital.

2 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

Like most people, I don't read "The Star"...

Such a shame that a  prime retail/hospitality unit is set to become yet more flats. And what's all this nonsense about "key" workers? 🤢 If they need somewhere to sleep, there are numerous empty rooms on the now defunct floors of the Hallamshire hospital.

But before the 80's it was a series of homes, so really it's just being returned to domestic use.

5 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Yes, retailers were literally falling over themselves to rent it out, werent they?

How would we know??? Only the landlord knows if he has had offers made or not. It was a great bar, surrounded by greenery and away from the riff raff of the city centre. There is actually a lot of student accomodation in that area, a party venue would have high footfall. Shame that leisure facilities are yet becoming more flats...I don't really know why the nurses need flats...don't they have their own homes?? 

3 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

How would we know??? Only the landlord knows if he has had offers made or not. It was a great bar, surrounded by greenery and away from the riff raff of the city centre. There is actually a lot of student accomodation in that area, a party venue would have high footfall. Shame that leisure facilities are yet becoming more flats...I don't really know why the nurses need flats...don't they have their own homes?? 

With 2 pubs a day apparently closing down ,and a shortage of housing then if I owned the property I know what I would be doing.

Hanrahans had its day,but obviously was not a gold mine.