Former Loch Fyne/Hannaran's Building

3 minutes ago, RJRB said:

With 2 pubs a day apparently closing down ,and a shortage of housing then if I owned the property I know what I would be doing.

Hanrahans had its day,but obviously was not a gold mine.

I wouldn't believe all of the fear mongering headlines. The pub trade is still going strong. A bad business choice, such as taking out a loan on un-repayable terms or tennancy disputes, can cause a pub to close.

It's not going to be permanent housing anyway, it's going to be flats for nurses to kip in. Why they can't sleep in the hospital, which is considerably empty these days, I don't know. 

2 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

I wouldn't believe all of the fear mongering headlines. The pub trade is still going strong. A bad business choice, such as taking out a loan on un-repayable terms or tennancy disputes, can cause a pub to close.

It's not going to be permanent housing anyway, it's going to be flats for nurses to kip in. Why they can't sleep in the hospital, which is considerably empty these days, I don't know. 

Good idea, instead of having wards, clinics, theatres, maternity wards, bloods, X-Rays, labs, surgerys etc., convert them into accommodation every night. 

1 minute ago, Annie Bynnol said:

Good idea, instead of having wards, clinics, theatres, maternity wards, bloods, X-Rays, labs, surgerys etc., convert them into accommodation every night. 

Most of the wards are closed at night. Most treatments are done at Northern General these days.

2 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

Most of the wards are closed at night. Most treatments are done at Northern General these days.

Why not just use the empty Hanrahans building.

Great idea for key workers or other accommodation.

I am sure that the Hallamshire space can be utilised when required for medical purposes 

• Like 1