Woodseats Or Parsons Cross?

pfifes

On 18/09/2023 at 21:11, pfifes said:

So, apparently Parsons Cross is an up and coming area and a good investment opportunity for property now.  I have told on good authority that Woodseats is not what it was.  I haven’t been in Sheffield for a bit so any opinions on Parsons Cross or Woodseats are welcome!

Isn't the quality of life where you live more important than whether it's a good investment opportunity?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, pfifes said:

Yes, I’ve know traffic in Woodseats puts a lot of people off moving there.  I think overall Parsons Cross is improving a lot lately though.  I heard some rumours about travellers setting up camp there though.

Travellers did set up

in parson cross park but went after a few days 

Parson Cross seems to have improved massively in the last 10yrs or so, now has a new district centre with the ASDA supermarket and community centre close to Deerlands Avenue/Wordsworth Avenue. House prices are surprisingly quite expensive too - but they're big 3 bed semis or blocks of 4 terraces, generally ex. council housing stock. Surprising how many are now privately owned...

Woodseats just seems to becoming more "gentrified" of late and the traffic situation with Chesterfield Road would put me off personally. Depends on what you're wanting and looking for. Both areas have their pro's and con's.

North Sheffield is very different to South Sheffield in most aspects though and it's quite apparent when you scratch the surface.

Woodseats 100%. There are plenty of bars, Grave's Park only a stonethrow away. The houses usually have large attics and garden space as standard. Don't be put off by the postman murder, that was many years ago and an isolated incident. There are plenty of cafes and boutique shops, as well as an award winning chip shop. I would say The Chantry is better than the Big Tree. The staff at The Big Tree have a stinking attitude. There are great views from some of the houses, looking over The Porter Valley. Traffic on Woodseats Road can be sticky but if you use your naus, it can be avoided by taking quieter roads, such as Norton Lees Avenue or by going up Carterknowle Road and through Nether Edge. The hills can be a challenge but there are plenty of bus services that serve most estates in the area. 

Parson Cross, like many places in the north has its struggles. Yes, there are some decent people living there, I know some of them personally. However, there are problems with gangs and drugs, a lot of idiots coming over from the Fox Hill estate and causing trouble. As a rule of thumb, if the bus shelters have mesh instead of glass, it's an area to be avoided. Parson Cross has traffic issues too, if you want to go to the city centre, it can get very sticky on Penistone Road, Barnsley Road and there is a bus gate on Langsett Road.