Inflation

I wonder which politician will be on the media celebrating the fact that Inflation has gone down? No doubt taking the credit for it too... 

Before you break open the champagne, it's gone down 0.1% from 6.8 to 6.7% so don't go on a spending spree just yet. Food inflation however, which affects everyone and can't be avoided, has gone up to 13.6% so still more hardship for many. And that's before tomorrow's probable rise in mortgage rates. Meanwhile the rich get richer and the poor get poorer, the gap gets bigger, and hardship becomes a way of life. 

According to the bank of England there's too much money in the system, so they're trying to claw it back, yet councils are going broke through lack of funds and services are being withdrawn. The little guy is paying more tax than ever, so where has all the money gone?

Well, Jeff Bezos' personal fortune has gone up to $200 Billion, that's more than the GDP of some countries, so maybe he could tell us....   

Edited by Anna B
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Food inflation however, which affects everyone and can't be avoided, has gone up to 13.6%

Erm no, its gone DOWN to 13.6% (from 14.9%).

Is this another "Doncaster Airport has the longest runway in Europe" b*ll**** statement you are keen on making?

Edited by HeHasRisen

3 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Is this another "Doncaster Airport has the longest runway in Europe" b*ll**** statement you are keen on making?

I'm sure you understand the very good point that Anna's making about inflation,  and it's fair enough for you to correct her figure if it was wrong.

Quite unnecessary for you to bring in the length of Doncaster airport runway,  which has nothing at all to do with her post.

Typical post from you who always has to deviate to some other subject to make it sound as crazy as possible.  Grow up. 

10 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Semantics. my apologies

I should have put 'food inflation in is at 13.6%'

Would you like to address that?

4 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Not really, she ran from that thread when proven wrong, her usual MO.

As she was,  no doubt,  perfectly entitled.

2 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Semantics. my apologies

Ignore him Anna.  I've noticed before that he enjoys trying to belittle you.

Edited by Organgrinder

4 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

I'm sure you understand the very good point that Anna's making about inflation,  and it's fair enough for you to correct her figure if it was wrong.

Quite unnecessary for you to bring in the length of Doncaster airport runway,  which has nothing at all to do with her post.

Typical post from you who always has to deviate to some other subject to make it sound as crazy as possible.  Grow up. 

I believe he was referring to her making up false facts and then leaving when they were pointed out to be wrong, of course, I could be wrong 🤷‍♂️

3 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Yes, its too high. At least its on the way down though.

Just now, Pyrotequila said:

I believe he was referring to her making up false facts and then leaving when they were pointed out to be wrong, of course, I could be wrong 🤷‍♂️

Indeed. Maybe I should bump the thread for her benefit and then this one can get back on track.

6 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Yes, its too high. At least its on the way down though.

Indeed. Maybe I should bump the thread for her benefit and then this one can get back on track.

No thought or comment about one individual having a fortune of 200 Billion? 

While our politicians are cutting essential services and scrabbling for every penny?

Edited by Anna B

Just now, Pyrotequila said:

I don't even know what that was all about but that should have been addressed there and then,   if at all.     This post was about inflation and not Doncaster.

People all make mistakes and I have admitted to this,   but people are also  entitled to leave a thread if they wish and that's nobodies business but theirs.

He takes delight in bullying Anna in particular.