Sunak : Nett Zero But In A 'More Proportionate' Way

6 hours ago, Prettytom said:

I agree with you totally . But kicking this can down the road will likely cause bigger, more expensive problems.

I changed my car last year. I’d have bought an electric one if they were cheaper and if the infrastructure to charge them was properly established. Those things weren’t in place, so I bought a petrol car.

Creating the conditions for people to choose electric cars is a government thing and they need to crack on with it for all our sakes. Reducing it to yet another pawn in their game of culture war chess, really isn’t good enough.

I just thought that I’d republish  my full post. The one before Checkers decided to lie about it translate it.

I think that my English is clear enough. And that it is a million miles away from the lies that Checkers invented to support his own narrative.

Edited by Prettytom

For those of you who are interested in this sort of thing, the article below has some interesting perspectives in it. None of it is made up, “translated”, or otherwise messed around with by unscrupulous people.

It is from the Times though, so you might hit a paywall. 

How far is the UK from net zero — and what needs to change?

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/9c69ecfa-57c5-11ee-aed5-2d6419a1ef3d?shareToken=3e1138ce8ccc90ecc5406e96167fa33d

5 minutes ago, Axe said:

One of the Cheeky Girls was asking another poster.  Just trying to help as a looker on.

We colonised the world and now we're being colonised

The lefties think it's irony or even justice

But don't worry the invading army go after the so called intellectuals first....then the women and then the gays 

In fact anyone who's different 

At least then we'll only have genders

Men and the people who cook food and give birth 

Edited by Jack Grey

11 hours ago, Chekhov said:

An electric car will cost you a lot more than "a few grand".....

only if you insist on buying a new car.

11 hours ago, Chekhov said:

Heat pumps don't actually work that well, the radiators don't get that hot so they must be huge (many house are too small for the size of the rads required ! ) and the insulation and draught proofing must be 100%

my sister has a heat pump, it's great!  and they live in a rickety old railway cottage - they've improved the insulation a bit, but *far* from 100%

21 minutes ago, ads36 said:

only if you insist on buying a new car.

Many of us buy nothing but a new car.   That's where they all come from for the second hand market.