Sunak : Nett Zero But In A 'More Proportionate' Way

37 minutes ago, ads36 said:

do you have any evidence to support this extraordinary claim?

You’ll not find much of that sort of thing around here.

Checkers just makes stuff up that he doesn’t like and then attributes it to people that he disagrees with.

Then he argues against it.  

I guess that it keeps him off the streets,

• Like 2

I reckon the let off from the jetstream this year has influenced UK thinkers but not other European countries who saw temperatures rocket and kill 62,000 people in 2022.

We were very close to seeing those 40 degree celcius temperatures hit the UK again.

Personally Mr Sunak is a danger to the UK's future as all other counties are ploughing ahead with massive budgets to get to  Nett Zero. 
The UK response is not proportionate at all, it is lazy and dangerous.

Edited by Findlay
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Prettytom said:

You’ll not find much of that sort of thing around here.

Checkers just makes stuff up that he doesn’t like and then attributes it to people that he disagrees with.

Then he argues against it.  

I guess that it keeps him off the streets,

Are you making stuff up again ?

Or did you not know the government are still going to ban the sale of petrol and diesel cars ?

Well, I have at least educated you.

3 minutes ago, Findlay said:

I reckon the let off from the jetstream this year has influenced UK thinkers but not other European countries who saw temperature rocket and kill 62,000 people in 2022.

We were very close to seeing those 40 degree celcius tempetures hit the UK again.

Personally Mr Sunak is a danger to the UK's future as all other counties are ploughing ahead with massive budgets to get to  Nett Zero. 
The UK repsonse is not proportionate at all, it is lazy and dangerous.

No, it is proportionate.

But, more to the point, what do the people want to do ?

After all we do live in a democracy.......

According to a YouGov poll conducted last month, only 36 per cent of voters backed a petrol and diesel ban by 2030, down from 51 per cent in 2021, in the run-up to the COP26 climate conference. Among Conservative voters, support fell from 41 to 19 per cent in the same period.
https://www.ft.com/content/d44e70d1-19b7-4181-9267-5e38030d3d58

13 minutes ago, Findlay said:

I reckon the let off from the jetstream this year has influenced UK thinkers but not other European countries who saw temperature rocket and kill 62,000 people in 2022.

We were very close to seeing those 40 degree celcius tempetures hit the UK again.

The UK repsonse is not proportionate at all, it is lazy and dangerous.

I've not been in the UK this summer but all my friends have moaned it's been cold and raining 

And how did heat kill 62,000 people? 

Edited by Jack Grey

11 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

I've not been in the UK this summer but all my friends have moaned it's been cold and raining 

April - May - June : warm and dry. a few of the trees i planted during winter died in the drought.

July : wet, apparently. Although our week in the Lakes was warm and lovely.

August: standard/nice.

September : 1 solid week over 30°C.

I honestly have no idea what your friends are on about.

Edited by ads36