Christian Speakers On Moor

hello1964

Just listened to a young bloke outside derelict Debenhams, mic in hand, wearing  dark glasses, and a green bandanna. Chatting incessantly about Islam and how unholy it is.

Islam preaches it is OK to lie whereas Jesus followers are forbidden to lie. I wonder how long they will continue,  given that they are quite outspoken against a major faith. By the cut of these 3 blokes, they look as if they've had a fallout with a Muslim, looks quite personal,  but they chant adequately on world history and the Bible....

I was once accosted by some bible-bashers insisting on that I should believe in God and Jesus. 

My response went like this: 

Resident: Do you believe in Fairies, Unicorns, Pixies etc? 
Bashers: No
Resident: Why not? 
Bashers: They don't exist
Resident: How do you know?
Bashers: There's no evidence they exist, they're just children's tales
Resident: There's no evidence God or Jesus exists or existed. They're just tales written in books.  

Apparently I'm a heathen and will burn in eternal damnation. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Resident said:

I was once accosted by some bible-bashers insisting on that I should believe in God and Jesus. 

Resident: There's no evidence God or Jesus exists or existed. They're just tales written in books.  

Me too then  !    Am I bothered ?    NO  !    😂

27 minutes ago, francypants said:

Me too then  !    Am I bothered ?    NO  !    😂

And me. There used to be a guy on Fargate who liked to tell people to repent their sins.

I told him I've never sinned so I've nothing to repent for. He seemed rather annoyed and followed me down fargate but I gave him the slip by going into Boots. 

No sense of humour these god botherers 🙄

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

And me. There used to be a guy on Fargate who liked to tell people to repent their sins.

I told him I've never sinned so I've nothing to repent for. He seemed rather annoyed and followed me down fargate but I gave him the slip by going into Boots. 

No sense of humour these god botherers 🙄

Maybe he was wondering when you were going to cast the first stone

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Resident said:

You will pay for that .

I see the guy on the Moor regularly, I find it really annoying. It's probably the same people that used to be on fargate. I did see him having a conversation with two of the men who have leaflets and information about Islam and the Qur'an recently, the Muslims appeared to be trying to have a conversation with him while he was ranting at them

• Thanks 1

I don’t care what religion someone believes in but I really wish they wouldn’t try to ram their beliefs down other people’s throats!

Interesting that I’ve yet to to witness anyone trying to promote atheism by shouting at the top of their voice on the Moor.  Or playing awful music on tinny speakers on Fargate. Or even standing quietly next to stand of leaflets looking fed up.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, pfifes said:

I don’t care what religion someone believes in but I really wish they wouldn’t try to ram their beliefs down other people’s throats!

Interesting that I’ve yet to to witness anyone trying to promote atheism by shouting at the top of their voice on the Moor.  Or playing awful music on tinny speakers on Fargate. Or even standing quietly next to stand of leaflets looking fed up.

Last sentence . Jehovas Witnesses do that at the tram stop regularly .

• Thanks 1