Crooning

cuttsie

And Crooners , Moon light in Vermont ,  I left my heart in San Francisco, September in the rain and so on .

Whats happened to proper singers and proper songs , Sinatra, Bennet, Crosby and so on .

And proper song writers , The ones that gave the lyrics that will be around for ever ,  Then the bands , the violins , the saxophonists, base and piano all at one with the cool guy on stage . 

Just crap turned out now with wet looking scruffy sods on stage  , no class , no poise ,  no cool . 

Bring back the crooners .

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

And Crooners , Moon light in Vermont ,  I left my heart in San Francisco, September in the rain and so on .

Whats happened to proper singers and proper songs , Sinatra, Bennet, Crosby and so on .

And proper song writers , The ones that gave the lyrics that will be around for ever ,  Then the bands , the violins , the saxophonists, base and piano all at one with the cool guy on stage . 

Just crap turned out now with wet looking scruffy sods on stage  , no class , no poise ,  no cool . 

There’s a simple answer to that, they’re all dead.

47 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

Loved Crosby, what a voice.

1 hour ago, cuttsie said:

I couldn't agree more cuttsie.

As a musician and entertainer for many years, I can assure you that all the music most requested,  was written and recorded before the 1970'ss.

The majority of the music I played was written in the1940's or earlier when the music had nice fat juicy chords to it and words which meant something other than yay yay yay.

The old time crooners were as good as the songs and it's such a shame that such classy music,  and singing,   has almost disappeared.

Edited by Organgrinder

26 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

I couldn't agree more cuttsie.

As a musician and entertainer for many years, I can assure you that all the music most requested,  was written and recorded before the 1970'ss.

The majority of the music I played was written in the1940's or earlier when the music had nice fat juicy chords to it and words which meant something other than yay yay yay.

The old time crooners were as good as the songs and it's such a shame that such classy music,  and singing,   has almost disappeared.

Was this local or nationwide?

Did you play in a band or a solo artist? Genuinely interested.

👍

Edited by Al Bundy

17 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Was this local or nationwide?

Did you play in a band or a solo artist? Genuinely interested.

👍

Mostly local,  extending to the Lincolnshire coast.

Solo entertainer on either Organ or Keyboards and 50% of time playing to  guest singers.

Most of my friends were in the same business and sometimes helped each other out.