Why Are Syp So Useless?

Resident

Reported a driver who did a dangerous u-turn in traffic, mounted and then drove down the pavement because she didn't want to wait in the queue.

This was at 15:30, outside a primary school so there were young kids and parents on the pavement.

I confronted her and she just kept trying to justify doing what she did (which I have this confession on video)

3 other parents gave me their details as witnesses and I reported it online via the 101 portal. Within an hour of reporting it the case was closed and marked NFA.

What does it take these days to get SYP to do some bloody police work? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Resident said:

Reported a driver who did a dangerous u-turn in traffic, mounted and then drove down the pavement because she didn't want to wait in the queue.

This was at 15:30, outside a primary school so there were young kids and parents on the pavement.

I confronted her and she just kept trying to justify doing what she did (which I have this confession on video)

3 other parents gave me their details as witnesses and I reported it online via the 101 portal. Within an hour of reporting it the case was closed and marked NFA.

What does it take these days to get SYP to do some bloody police work? 

You need it on video if you want them to do something, witness statements aren't worth a great deal, not compared to video.

Most police forces will happily accept dash cam videos and prosecute off the back of those.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-devon-66881609