Dem Blades V Magpies

Baron99

6 minutes ago, owl.66 said:

😀😀 R8 Mt8y right on cue ,👍go on then tell us all how it went for you sat  in thi recliner today , but please be quick  I'm off to bed got be in before 8 tonight mucka 👍

Hmmm... :huh:

To be fair, I didn't think we played that bad!

But Newcastle were totally clinical and a different class.

Heads seemed to drop a bit after a couple of dubious decisions led to the first 2 goals...
... and that's when we could have done with a captain who was capable of motivating the team by throwing a tantrum, waving his arms about a lot, and generally telling his team what a useless bunch they really are!

But I suppose a captain like that is really hard to find...
... and any team who has one should keep him in the team even if his best playing days are long gone! :hihi:

16 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

To be fair, I didn't think we played that bad!

But Newcastle were totally clinical and a different class.

Heads seemed to drop a bit after a couple of dubious decisions led to the first 2 goals...
... and that's when we could have done with a captain who was capable of motivating the team by throwing a tantrum, waving his arms about a lot, and generally telling his team what a useless bunch they really are!

But I suppose a captain like that is really hard to find...
... and any team who has one should keep him in the team even if his best playing days are long gone! :hihi:

So out of 10 how was Newcastle today mr recliner  I didn't watch ,so on hearsay a good 8 of 10 for me 

Edited by owl.66

Well I knew you'd lose but I didn't expect it to be as bad as that. Now you know how we felt all those years ago👍. Thankfully results like this tend to be one offs so I wouldn't expect anything as bad as this again any time soon but who knows with Sheffield football at the minute.

3 minutes ago, NERVY-OWL said:

Well I knew you'd lose but I didn't expect it to be as bad as that. Now you know how we felt all those years ago👍. Thankfully results like this tend to be one offs so I wouldn't expect anything as bad as this again any time soon but who knows with Sheffield football at the minute.

Yep!

Watch out West Ham...

... we're coming for you! :hihi:

• Like 1

Total embarrassment & I'm not talking about the 8-0 thrashing of our porcine neighbours by the Magpies back in the 1990's.

At 5-0 down the Blades should have been professional enough to say that's that, we're shutting up shop, not conceding anymore & going for damage limitation. 

Two things I took away from today's game.  First, Newcastle we're even playing that great; we were just rubbish.  Two, thank God for Foderingham because without him pulling of a number of saves, it could have been double figures. 

A game like this.  Nothing else you can do but put it behind you & move on.  What I don't want to hear is any moaning & groaning from BDTBL about how the result has affected their 'mental wellbeing'. 

Move on & get it put right.  The players might also want to consider that they've not earned any of their pay today, donate it to the Children's Hospital.

Edited by Baron99