Dem Blades V Magpies

Baron99

8 hours ago, nikki-red said:

That’s not the point. The match would’ve gone a totally different way from that point. 
Even the next kick after the goal would’ve been from a different place.

No one knows what would’ve happened then.

It’s not as straightforward as just saying it would’ve ‘only’ been 0-7 as anything could’ve happened.

Paradox. 

That’s all true.

So it is possible that you got off lightly😁

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

That’s all true.

So it is possible that you got off lightly😁

It could have been 10 they were that bad, but also could have been 2 up in first 15 minutes, two absolute sitters missed.

After that it was like a training session for Newcastle.

Gordon came on as sub and changed the game.

Edited by Alextopman

5 minutes ago, Alextopman said:

It could have been 10 they were that bad, but also could have been 2 up in first 15 minutes, two absolute sitters missed.

After that it was like a training session for Newcastle.

Gordon came on as sub and changed the game.

I’ve seen Gordon play quite a few times on tv. He’s a real talent, isn’t he. 

I just get a sneaky feeling that he needs looking after carefully., or it might all go to his head. 

8 hours ago, Longcol said:

Sorry - from my location (France) can't view the video. From reports I've read it wasn't intentional but prevented a certain goal.

Laws, and interpretation - handball, offside etc - seem to be all over the place.

As an ex Sunday League ref I tended to favour the attacking team.

Then the reports you read were complete nonsense. The ball had deflected at speed off a player stood a couple of metres from him, it was going up into the air and could have gone anywhere, to say it prevented a certain goal is ridiculous. 

A referee is supposed to favour fairness and the laws of the game. And they wonder why we all think that they're a bunch of illegitimate onanist's  🙄

I played Sunday League.

Edited by m williamson
addition

15 hours ago, Mr Bloke said:

Hmmm... :huh:

To be fair, I didn't think we played that bad!

But Newcastle were totally clinical and a different class.

Heads seemed to drop a bit after a couple of dubious decisions led to the first 2 goals...
... and that's when we could have done with a captain who was capable of motivating the team by throwing a tantrum, waving his arms about a lot, and generally telling his team what a useless bunch they really are!

But I suppose a captain like that is really hard to find...
... and any team who has one should keep him in the team even if his best playing days are long gone! :hihi:

I  think you’ll find that BB has never captained a Wednesday side that’s been beaten by 8 goals…

He’s captained a Wednesday side that’s won at Wembley though….

6 minutes ago, Sheridan1-0 said:

I  think you’ll find that BB has never captained a Wednesday side that’s been beaten by 8 goals…

He’s captained a Wednesday side that’s won at Wembley though….

I don't think he'd have been good enough to get in or Captain any  of the three Wednesday sides I have seen concede 8 goals.