When Police Kill

5 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Puts me in mind of the whole George Floyd business. An absolute scumbag now made out to be some kind of martyr.

Indeed - a nauseating movement at the time.   I don't personally know any people who are anti-Police, or Police-haters, but I cannot conceive of any reason that a decent law-abiding member of society would have any feelings other than respect or admratio for those who protect us. 

Edited by Caswall

35 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

If this Goverment got a grip on Gun control, we would have less armed Police. Officers.  Infact if this Goverment got a grip in general, we would have lees crime, I blame Thatcher,  she caused todays high rate in crime with first class austerity. :roll:

State of that.

43 minutes ago, Caswall said:

Indeed - a nauseating movement at the time.   I don't personally know any people who are anti-Police, or Police-haters, but I cannot conceive of any reason that a decent law-abiding member of society would have any feelings other than respect or admratio for those who protect us. 

I don't know anyone who has had a gun pointed at them by the police, but then again I don't know anyone who would put themselves in that situation.

Odd eh?

48 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Puts me in mind of the whole George Floyd business. An absolute scumbag now made out to be some kind of martyr.

Aren't there statues of him erected in some parts?

Madness, you would think there would be many more worthy individuals that folk could look up to wouldn't you.

Edited by Al Bundy

49 minutes ago, Caswall said:

Let us also not forget he was behind the wheel of a car associated with a recent shooting incident.  So, while we do not know (at the moment) whether or not he was an utter scrote himself, we can have little doubt that he was an associate of such people.

It is known the car did not belong to him, although I don't think it's been made known if the car had been stolen or loaned to him by a friend, quite possibly it could never be known how he came to be driving it.

The Army has been stood down from supporting the Met Police after hundreds of officers stepped back from firearms duties.

Soldiers were put on standby after some armed officers spent the weekend "to consider their position".

It comes after an officer was charged with murdering Chris Kaba, 24, who was shot last September.

Officers from other forces were drafted in to help, but the Met said on Monday enough have returned to duty.

1 hour ago, Caswall said:

I'm sure we'll see and hear all the sob-stories from his family and friends about 'what a lovely boy he was', but if Mr Kaba had been compliant with Police at the time, no doubt he would be alive today.  

Let us also not forget he was behind the wheel of a car associated with a recent shooting incident.  So, while we do not know (at the moment) whether or not he was an utter scrote himself, we can have little doubt that he was an associate of such people.

Our thoughts should be with the Police officer who is now being subjected to an ordeal for doing his job.

:thumbsup:

42 minutes ago, geared said:

It is known the car did not belong to him, although I don't think it's been made known if the car had been stolen or loaned to him by a friend, quite possibly it could never be known how he came to be driving it.

So if stolen, he was indeed a scrote himself, and if loaned to him by a 'friend', clearly he has friends in very low places.

Can you envisage yourself behind the wheel of a car recently used in a shooting incident?  I'm sure if I borrowed Aunt Mabel's car tomorrow there would be little such risk.

Just now, Caswall said:

So if stolen, he was indeed a scrote himself, and if loaned to him by a 'friend', clearly he has friends in very low places.

Can you envisage yourself behind the wheel of a car recently used in a shooting incident?  I'm sure if I borrowed Aunt Mabel's car tomorrow there would be little such risk.

But what if Aunt Mabel was a secret Ma Baker. 

1 hour ago, Caswall said:

I'm sure we'll see and hear all the sob-stories from his family and friends about 'what a lovely boy he was', but if Mr Kaba had been compliant with Police at the time, no doubt he would be alive today.  

Our thoughts should be with the Police officer who is now being subjected to an ordeal for doing his job.

I don't know what makes you think that any of us,  are even thinking of the victim, his family or the  "sob stories" you refer to when we know the main circumstances already.

The one single point which concerns me is that nobody in the country should be above the law.  If the police take the life of any unarmed person,  then they must satisfy the law that it was justified.

Killing someone else who is unarmed, means standing in court and explaining your actions and members of the force who are worried about this are entitled to refuse to do it.

The whole subject of law and order in this country,  needs looking at long and hard because it hardly exists anymore anyway.

Everybody should decide whether they really want law & order and if they do,  it must apply to all,   NO IFS  NO BUTS,   including  coppers, military, prime ministers, royalty or whatever. 

Edited by Organgrinder