When Police Kill

2 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

He was not defending either himself or the public.

Whether somebody is a "scrote" by your definition does not change the law. The law does not give you or anyone else, the right to shoot dead an unarmed  "scrote".

The copper broke the law or he would not have been arrested and charged.    Arguing from now till doomsday will not change the letter of the law.

Whether people agree with the law or not can be debated but at any given moment,  you have to enforce the law as it stands and the police know what that is.

We don't want a Wyatt Earp  syndrome building into our police forces.  America shows us that.

The Copper has not broke the law.

11 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

I don't think any of us really know that yet, the details given in the account posted are very basic. 

That's correct but, we know that the bloke was unarmed.

If he had a genuinely good reason for shooting him dead, that should be proved in the trial.

10 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

The Copper has not broke the law.

I don't know what your Legal credentials amount to,   but you had better get down there and defend him then.

I know just enough,  to realise that they don't usually arrest and charge people, especially coppers,  who have not broken the law.

If coppers are allowed to shoot dead,  unarmed citizens, then he will walk free so why worry ? 

Edited by Organgrinder

1 hour ago, HeHasRisen said:

Dont get me wrong, this doesnt give the police carte blanche to just shoot him dead though. We await the full story, and the trial, with interest.

This is what trials are for, to get to the truth where it's not clear. Some people seem to think that we should bypass that process and just assume a police officer is innocent, which would a very strange thing to do given how many 'scrotes' and 'scumbags' are in the Met.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Caswall said:

I'm sure we'll see and hear all the sob-stories from his family and friends about 'what a lovely boy he was', but if Mr Kaba had been compliant with Police at the time, no doubt he would be alive today.  

Let us also not forget he was behind the wheel of a car associated with a recent shooting incident.  So, while we do not know (at the moment) whether or not he was an utter scrote himself, we can have little doubt that he was an associate of such people.

Our thoughts should be with the Police officer who is now being subjected to an ordeal for doing his job.

Yes I agree with you. 

London is one of the most dangerous cities to police.

If this police officer is found not guilty I hope the riot police are on standby. 

51 minutes ago, Delbow said:

This is what trials are for, to get to the truth where it's not clear. Some people seem to think that we should bypass that process and just assume a police officer is innocent, which would a very strange thing to do given how many 'scrotes' and 'scumbags' are in the Met.

I agree with this.

Although I do have a lot of sympathy with armed policemen & women having to make split second decisions to shoot, that scenario is totally different to those deaths in police or prison custody where the person, typically with mental health difficulties is completely unarmed, yet dies, usually from asphyxia.

Edited by Mister M

46 minutes ago, hauxwell said:

Yes I agree with you. 

London is one of the most dangerous cities to police.

If this police officer is found not guilty I hope the riot police are on standby. 

Another criminal has died in London after being followed by the police.  The passenger carrying a machete has not died and has been arrested.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-66915896

10 minutes ago, Axe said:

Another criminal has died in London after being followed by the police.  The passenger carrying a machete has not died and has been arrested.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-66915896

Poor lad.

Salt of the earth.

He wouldn't hurt a fly.

He was a good boy really.

He loved his Nan etc etc etc 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Poor lad.

Salt of the earth.

He wouldn't hurt a fly.

He was a good boy really.

He loved his Nan etc etc etc 

Maybe he was each of those things.

Up until a few years ago, no one would've guessed just how many officers in the Met were wrong' uns, and often of much worse character than many of the people they dealt with in their jobs.