Why Are Extremist Environmentalists So Inconsistent ?

52 minutes ago, leviathan13 said:

So you're saying that an expert in that field doesn't know about the infrastructure/output/emissions etc. of a reactor/power plant??? And the impact it will have on the environment?

Just doing a quick search, I'm struggling to find any information on what happens to all the green tech such as solar panels and turbines when they become out of date and obsolete. How much of it can be recycled and what is the energy impact of that? Also, the numbers seem to suggest that a solar panels and turbines have a lifespan of around 25-30 years - a nuclear reactor will last upwards of 40 years, based on current tech. And it's not just about the sea - I've seen reports of the impact that turbines have had on birds, for example. And they're proposing solar farms which will remove acres of habitat.

As has been said, for every argument and theory, there's a counter one.

It's like with politicians being advised by the experts about the seas/oceans rising and then buying coastal properties.  

I didn't say that at all.  I said he is not an expert on climate change.   It may surprise you to know that there are a lot of very clever people who can't put a shelf up or wire a 3 pin plug.

If you want to know about solar panels and turbines,  then ask the manufacturers who know far more than me.

If you would sooner have 50 nuclear power stations instead of the other measures,  then take that up with the government and not me. I am not in charge of the green program.

Remember that Nuclear also wears out and causes even more problems with disposal of radioactive waste and materials.  I am not arguing for one or the other,  just for any energy which is NOT fossil fuel.

Birds do sometimes fly into the turbines but they also fly into aircraft too and that doesn't seem to worry you.     I don't agree with solar farms and I don't think they are even necessary.

We have millions of houses, warehouses,  factories and shops  which could all be fitted with solar panes so why ruin good land.

For every argument,  someone DOES come up with a counter argument.  It's up to those in charge to decide the right course.   I presume you think that is an excuse for doing nothing at all then.

I am not interested what politicians buy or where they live  That is nothing to do with the climate change argument at all.

You clearly, will argue against every proposal that anyone puts forward just to be awkward.  If you don't want to do anything at all,  that's just fine by me so why not just say that in the first place.

What's the point of you arguing about something if you have no intention off doing  anything anyway ?

Edited by Organgrinder

1 hour ago, Organgrinder said:

I didn't say that at all.  I said he is not an expert on climate change.   It may surprise you to know that there are a lot of very clever people who can't put a shelf up or wire a 3 pin plug.

If you want to know about solar panels and turbines,  then ask the manufacturers who know far more than me.

If you would sooner have 50 nuclear power stations instead of the other measures,  then take that up with the government and not me. I am not in charge of the green program.

Remember that Nuclear also wears out and causes even more problems with disposal of radioactive waste and materials.  I am not arguing for one or the other,  just for any energy which is NOT fossil fuel.

Birds do sometimes fly into the turbines but they also fly into aircraft too and that doesn't seem to worry you.     I don't agree with solar farms and I don't think they are even necessary.

We have millions of houses, warehouses,  factories and shops  which could all be fitted with solar panes so why ruin good land.

For every argument,  someone DOES come up with a counter argument.  It's up to those in charge to decide the right course.   I presume you think that is an excuse for doing nothing at all then.

I am not interested what politicians buy or where they live  That is nothing to do with the climate change argument at all.

You clearly, will argue against every proposal that anyone puts forward just to be awkward.  If you don't want to do anything at all,  that's just fine by me so why not just say that in the first place.

What's the point of you arguing about something if you have no intention off doing  anything anyway ?

Bringing it back to the point of the thread...

My frustration is with the people pushing the agenda and not dying by their own sword. It's the hypocrisy and self-righteousness that irks me, and the fact they are unwilling to see another point of view.

I'm not arguing about treating the planet better, but I'm suspicious of those telling us what to do not living by their own words. 

How do you know I'm not 'doing anything'? Just because I'm questioning the actions and intentions of a certain group doesn't mean I'm not doing anything. This is similar to the questioning of BLM - people called me racist for questioning the organisation, but look at what's happening now with them. Just because I don't agree with the actions of the climate activists and am sceptical of the scale of the issue that's being promoted doesn't mean I don't care or am not doing anything.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, leviathan13 said:

Bringing it back to the point of the thread...

My frustration is with the people pushing the agenda and not dying by their own sword. It's the hypocrisy and self-righteousness that irks me, and the fact they are unwilling to see another point of view.

I'm not arguing about treating the planet better, but I'm suspicious of those telling us what to do not living by their own words. 

How do you know I'm not 'doing anything'? Just because I'm questioning the actions and intentions of a certain group doesn't mean I'm not doing anything. This is similar to the questioning of BLM - people called me racist for questioning the organisation, but look at what's happening now with them. Just because I don't agree with the actions of the climate activists and am sceptical of the scale of the issue that's being promoted doesn't mean I don't care or am not doing anything.

I haven't heard of people who are "pushing the Agenda" because you haven't  identified any so I can't argue on that.

I am talking  simply about trying to help stop climate change and nobody ever said anything about frustration coming into it.

If you are so frustrated and suspicious then you need to keep your own counsel, ignore what everybody else says and you'll get through life feeling much happier.

Same with the BLM,  it seems you are actually looking for something to moan about.  That doesn't bother me either because I don't much care what they are doing.

I presume you are doing nothing because you seem to find fault with every different energy means except Nuclear.

If no one can find something that suits you, you'll just have to stay frustrated, sceptical and suspicious until the country's full of nuclear power stations.