Anyone Fancy Trying Out Morris Dancing?

Cutlers Gate - a new Border Morris Dancing Side in Sheffield is having some taster sessions if folks want to come along and try it out. 

We are a friendly bunch and only too happy to answer questions about what we do and how to get involved. More details about the three  taster sessions can be found via: 

https://facebook.com/events/s/cutlers-gate-taster-session-1/254460453728821/?sfnsn=scwspwa

Mel could be interested,  I've watched Morris dancing in Whitby and it's very popular,  I'm more skillful with my hands than my feet - froze in front of goal when playing hockey at school,   though a good sprinter,  maybe ask one of the brickies,  good with their hands.

Where do yu dance?

I saw the Lancashire cotton dancers perform in Nantwich,  they had dirty faces.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, cressida said:

Mel could be interested,  I've watched Morris dancing in Whitby and it's very popular,  I'm more skillful with my hands than my feet - froze in front of goal when playing hockey at school,   though a good sprinter,  maybe ask one of the brickies,  good with their hands.

Where do yu dance?

I saw the Lancashire cotton dancers perform in Nantwich,  they had dirty faces.

ive always found em a bit weird and scary lol

44 minutes ago, LapsedVeggie said:

Cutlers Gate - a new Border Morris Dancing Side in Sheffield is having some taster sessions if folks want to come along and try it out. 

We are a friendly bunch and only too happy to answer questions about what we do and how to get involved. More details about the three  taster sessions can be found via: 

https://facebook.com/events/s/cutlers-gate-taster-session-1/254460453728821/?sfnsn=scwspwa

if we save our lowedges festival for 2024 i would love to have you guys in our main arena,if you do events ,we can pay a sensible cost,email stephen.rich@hotmail.co.uk if intrested it would be aug 11th 12noon-5pm ,time to suit 

Morris Dancing is possibly one of the most quintessential English traditions in this country.

At a time when some people are saying we should be proud of our English heritage, and show the diverse populations than now inhabit our island what being English is all about, I nominate Al Bundy, Jack Grey, Axe to your Morris dancing group.

I'm sure they're not as miserable in real life as they appear on this forum :hihi:

6 minutes ago, Axe said:

I think the Cheeky Girls would suit Morris Dancing.

Why? They're Romanian!