Laurence Fox Suspended By Gb News

6 hours ago, Tyke02 said:

You felt a line was crossed when a customer threatened to come round and lay you out, but didn't do it. However in the example I gave there was a telephone threat of violence coupled with a demonstration that they knew where to find him. 

How did they know it was the same people?

But I didn't read about a threat of violence in that piece you linked to where was it ?

In any case they didn't really have much of a motive to risk prison by beating anyone up did they ?

In my case that bloke actually knew me, and he was genuinely mad as hell, he was literally at the end of his tether, and with good reason to be honest. But it wasn't actually my fault HSS did not have another power float.....

6 hours ago, Tyke02 said:

>>Mister M said:
Remember it wasn't Ofcom who suspended Wootton and Fox, but GBNews itself. <<

Typical woke lefty broadcaster cancelling people. Oh, hang on a minute... 

It's not quite that simple though is it ?

GB News probably feel they have to do that to avoid incurring the wrath of Ofcom and/or woke lefties.

In my experience most of this virtue signalling is just that. Done by hypocrites to deflect attention or stress from themselves, or, even worse, to show how virtuous they are.

Except they are not. Most of these type of people are what I call "false empathisers", they only have empathy for people who think like they do. They make me want to throw up.

Edited by Chekhov
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

GB News probably feel they have to do that to avoid incurring the wrath of Ofcom and/or woke lefties.

In my experience most of this virtue signalling is just that. Done by hypocrites to deflect attention or stress from themselves, or, even worse, to show how virtuous they are.

Except they are not. Most of these type of people are what I call "false empathisers", they only have empathy for people who think like they do. They make me want to throw up.

In this case, GBNews have deservedly suspended a pair of obnoxious ***** for being truly obnoxious . Then they suspended some more obnoxious ***** who decided to pile on.

No matter what nonsense you invent about it, or how much you try to demonise the mythical “lefties”, that’s the bare bones of it.

If Fox and Wooton were not so vile, none of this would have happened.

Edited by Prettytom
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

But I didn't read about a threat of violence in that piece you linked to where was it ?

Third paragraph.

12 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Given that Ofcom's investigation of Fox is the seventh that they have underway at the moment I think that ship may already have sailed.

Given that it is staffed by a range of right wing , pro-government, pro-Brexit and covid conspiracist presenters I doubt there is much they can do that would appeal to those on the left.

1 hour ago, Chekhov said:

Sorry, but how do you know this for sure?

1 hour ago, Chekhov said:

That's quite an imagination you have there.

1 hour ago, Tyke02 said:

Third paragraph.

Given that Ofcom's investigation of Fox is the seventh that they have underway at the moment I think that ship may already have sailed.

Given that it is staffed by a range of right wing , pro-government, pro-Brexit and covid conspiracist presenters I doubt there is much they can do that would appeal to those on the left.

Pro-Brexit.  O'h you mean the same as the majority of people. 

39 minutes ago, spilldig said:

Pro-Brexit.  O'h you mean the same as the majority of people. 

True enough in 2016. 

Recent polls suggest that the majority are no longer supporters of the current government, and I doubt that the majority are followers of coronavirus conspiracies, which probably impacts the appeal of the channel to many.

8 minutes ago, HumbleNarrator said:

Sinister forces are at work trying to bring GB News down because it's upsetting the "delicately balanced media ecology in this country" to paraphrase Adam Bolton. 

Apart from Andrew Pierce (who I don't trust one little bit) I think GB News is excellent and really has gone from strength to strength and it makes me sick to watch the Savile/Rolf Harris harbouring, Russel Brand tolerating, Jo Brand-acid-attack-encouraging mainstream media all piling on.

We’re all aware of that. Laurence Fox, Calvin Robinson and Dan Wootton are doing their best.

56 minutes ago, HumbleNarrator said:

Sinister forces are at work trying to bring GB News down because it's upsetting the "delicately balanced media ecology in this country" to paraphrase Adam Bolton. 

Apart from Andrew Pierce (who I don't trust one little bit) I think GB News is excellent and really has gone from strength to strength and it makes me sick to watch the Savile/Rolf Harris harbouring, Russel Brand tolerating, Jo Brand-acid-attack-encouraging mainstream media all piling on.

Since you mention Savile / Rolf Harris, what do you think about GBNews harbouring Dan Wootton?

Gb News 'Star' Dan Wootton Unmasked In Cash-For-Sexual Images Catfishing Scandal - General Discussions - Sheffield Forum