Laurence Fox Suspended By Gb News

1 minute ago, Al Bundy said:

Absolutely nailed it.

Misandry is completely overlooked.

Men are fair game to be slagged off.

I disagree.

Dan Wootton and Laurence Fox are fair game to be slagged off by virtue of the fact that they are low rent muck spreaders and contrarians. There are a lot of other men in the public eye raise the bar higher.

1 minute ago, Mister M said:

I disagree.

Dan Wootton and Laurence Fox are fair game to be slagged off by virtue of the fact that they are low rent muck spreaders and contrarians. There are a lot of other men in the public eye raise the bar higher.

Oh, I agree they both deserved to be slagged off, I was speaking in general.

6 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Absolutely nailed it.

Misandry is completely overlooked.

Men are fair game to be slagged off.

To add, more men commit suicide, and are factually much more likely to be assaulted., no worries though, it's only men.

I adore men - well,  most of them,  as long as I can get my own way😉

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

To add, more men commit suicide, and are factually much more likely to be assaulted., no worries though, it's only men.

This might be out of date, but about 20 years ago when I worked in the social care care sector with clients with significant mental health disorders, it was often said that women are 3 times more likely to attempt suicide, but more men actually die by suicide because of the methods they use.

And you're right about men more likely to be the victims of assault.

However it's a shame that Laurence Fox has moved into the space of 'spokesperson for men'. That responsibility should be taken up by someone with more gravitas and intellect. And to be honest I never got the impression that Fox was particularly serious in when he was advocating for men; he just seemed to relish the opportunity to hate on women, and have a go at feminists who he didn't like.

2 minutes ago, Mister M said:

This might be out of date, but about 20 years ago when I worked in the social care care sector with clients with significant mental health disorders, it was often said that women are 3 times more likely to attempt suicide, but more men actually die by suicide because of the methods they use.

And you're right about men more likely to be the victims of assault.

However it's a shame that Laurence Fox has moved into the space of 'spokesperson for men'. That responsibility should be taken up by someone with more gravitas and intellect. And to be honest I never got the impression that Fox was particularly serious in when he was advocating for men; he just seemed to relish the opportunity to hate on women, and have a go at feminists who he didn't like.

Men with more intellect do take it up but they just get shouted down as Misogynists. 

It's actually quite worrying and rather sad.

8 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Men with more intellect do take it up but they just get shouted down as Misogynists. 

It's actually quite worrying and rather sad.

Not the ones I've heard haven't.

I'm thinking specifically of Prince Harry who has done an enormous amount of work with soldiers and ex military veterans who suffer due to their experiences.

Stephen Fry who I think is an ambassador for the mental health charity Mind, is incredibly articulate about his struggle with bi polar disorder.

Chris Packham too has spoken about the challenges of being on the autistic spectrum and having mental health difficulties as a consequence.

I've not heard them shouted down as misogynists. 

Edited by Mister M
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

Did what he say really that offensive?

Or is it because it was on a New Channel? 

27 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Awaiting the predictable mocking from the forums usual faces for daring to use the term misandry.

25 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Oh, I agree they both deserved to be slagged off, I was speaking in general.

I guess you three would show up together!

3 hours ago, Tyke02 said:

Here's an example of Wootton's comments on his show leading to cyber attacks, threatening phone calls and emails and a journalists windscreen apparently being smeared with blood.  What is said on TV/online can have consequences.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/blood-smeared-on-windscreen-as-reporters-threatened-over-dan-wootton-investigation-135621431.html

1 - How often do handbags online threats turn into anything at all ?

Almost never.

2 - >>A journalist has had what appears to be blood smeared on their windscreen<<

Is that the best you've got ?

Get back to me if he gets beaten up.