Christ Really Was Right, The Meek Shall Inherit The Earth (By Order).

4 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

I'm not inheriting the earth I can tell you that, 100%. 

Quite the opposite, my personality (extrovert, loud, tactile, "have a laugh above everything", questioning, emotional, controversial etc) is not suited to this pathetic over sensitive world we increasingly live in. 

In fact people like me are actually discriminated against, that's the irony, in this supposedly tolerant world we inhabit.

Do you feel better now  you got that off your chest ? 😄

8 hours ago, Chekhov said:

Quite the opposite, my personality  (extrovert, loud, tactile, "have a laugh above everything", questioning, emotional, controversial etc) is not suited to this pathetic over sensitive world we increasingly live in. 

In fact people like me are actually discriminated against, that's the irony, in this supposedly tolerant world we inhabit.

Your psychological self assessment is irrelevant.

Lifting quotations that you imagine fit your beliefs is a failure to comprehend.

The word 'meek'  was the nearest word the translators could find at the time. The Scandinavian/Middle English word referred to 'humility', ' softness of temper', ' mild mannered', 'gentleness',  'calm under provocation' etc. It is the overcoming of wickedness by these people that English speaking Christians have been taught. You are very much of the 'meek' and from the 'meek' who moved the world on.

Edited by Annie Bynnol

On 18/12/2023 at 06:43, Annie Bynnol said:

>>Chekhov said:

Quite the opposite, my personality  (extrovert, loud, tactile, "have a laugh above everything", questioning, emotional, controversial etc) is not suited to this pathetic over sensitive world we increasingly live in. 

In fact people like me are actually discriminated against, that's the irony, in this supposedly tolerant world we inhabit.<<

Your psychological self assessment is irrelevant.

It is entirely relevant, we live in a hypocritical world that, in its own way, is every bit as intolerant as the 1970s. Just about different things.

20 hours ago, Chekhov said:

It is entirely relevant, we live in a hypocritical world that, in its own way, is every bit as intolerant as the 1970s. Just about different things.

You are still deliberately ignoring what was meant by 'meek' in your first English translations of the bible(Tyndale) Even when the English Catholic King James ordered  his own the pro-monarchy, royal supremacy version to replace the  Protestat one, 'meek' was intended to be used in the English bible as to describe the 'powerless'. Despots, dictators, Juntas, Emperors, Monarchs, etc., have a lot of trouble with that passage, so do you it seems.

• 4 weeks later...
On 17/12/2023 at 14:56, Chekhov said:

Excellent idea Anna [to enable any kids, who want t,o to go home early from the school residential], but I am pretty sure the school would not want those kids to be marked out as "different", and them going home early would do that.

It's total inconsistent cobblers of course because :

1 - I thought modern society was supposed to celebrate diversity and being "different"

2 - I am pretty sure all the kids in that year already know those particular kids are "different", so all of this is a complete waste of time. It isn't even virtue signalling because, it's being done surreptitiously.

Bit of inconsistency here....

My lad's school had a "Dare To Be Different day", but, it would seem, being different is not to be celebrated in all cases.....