Changes To British Gas?

8 hours ago, florence kat said:

The only phone numbers I can find on the email are

0330 054 5340

and

0330 818 0004.

Well that second number doesn't inspire much confidence

https://who-called.co.uk/Number/03308180004

In any case it all depends what the email is actually asking you to do, if anything. 

Edited by HeHasRisen
  • Like 1

This is what the email is telling me:

"Good news! We’ve moved your gas account onto our new system. You're now one of over 3 million customers who have access to our new-look online account.

We’re really excited about the updates we’ve made so far. We’re still making improvements and we’ll continue to work hard so we can make managing your energy easier."

I have now had another email looking rather similar to the first, but this time it wants a recent meter reading.

I got an email about the transfer on 14th August about being transferred to the new system. British Gas don't usually provide their numbers in an e-mail, the only information they provided were web links to other sites, "... customer help hub",  "Live Chat" and "financial assistance".

If you are dubious about any email, select the option to 'show headers' - this will show where the message originated from.

4 hours ago, swarfendor437 said:

I got an email about the transfer on 14th August about being transferred to the new system. British Gas don't usually provide their numbers in an e-mail, the only information they provided were web links to other sites, "... customer help hub",  "Live Chat" and "financial assistance".

If you are dubious about any email, select the option to 'show headers' - this will show where the message originated from.

Good advice here, thanks to swarfendor437 👍