Ukraine In World War Two .

12 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

My bold

Very few western nations sure but Russia has friends and allies across the globe who agree with/support their actions. This is one of the reasons why our support for Ukraine is such a bad idea. It isn't just putin we may have to deal with. 

Underlined.

I'm in favour of immigration,  without it I wouldn't be here. I've commented on mass illegal immigration which I think is bad for any country. Just look what's happening in Ireland and Sweden to see how mass migration causes problems but no, I'm not against immigration as long as it's legal and our infrastructure can support it.

So you think we should back down because Russia has friends and allies ?

Naturally you have a right to the opinion you choose, but I feel the opposite and I'm not willing to surrender to Russia and it's allies through fear.

Russians moving into Ukraine is obviously Illegal immigration if Ukraine doesn't want them so you should be against that.

Russians moving into Ukraine has been bad for Ukraine so I'm not surprised they are resisting.

That's it for me,  I have things to do now.

Edited by Organgrinder

8 hours ago, geared said:

Both sides are taking heavy losses, the Russian defences have been extremely robust.  The ground re-taken in this offensive has been pretty minimal.

The Ukrainians have claimed some big and expensive items though, large naval vessels like Submarines, air defence systems and large landing craft are not so easily replaced.  Those are the big losses that do make the top brass take notice.

Which doesn't make Ukraine being obliterated like daddy reckons

19 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

Fair enough matey.

Although I would say look into 2014, the agreements that were signed and also America's involvement in the 2014 'revolution'..👍

We certainly should Not be supporting Ukriane in my humble opinion. Zelensky is corrupt and a thief who acts like a dictator with his political opposition, churches, priests etc etc. When a Russian victory is eventually declared we might be next along with the rest of Europe. Putin is a dangerous, DANGEROUS man and we could be in his crosshairs in the not too distant future. We need to pressure Ukraine for a negotiated peace, stop the killing and end any chance this war could escalate. I genuinely fear the likes of putin. Like any leader he has no problem sending young men to die yet won't send their own flesh and blood. For that I hope he burns in hell.

However, he did not start this war.

Unpopular opinion I know 😬

Putin did not start the war ?

Seriously ? ! ?

Who did then ?

3 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

:rolleyes: Enlighten us please .

Been there.

Done that

Provided links

You lot never listen and probably never even clicked the links.

I'm sure my explanation is still on the Ukraine invasion and the putin threads.

Go and look if you're that bothered.

I'm guessing you won't though but hey ho, your choice. 

Edited by The_DADDY

9 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Been there.

Done that

Provided links

You lot never listen and probably never even clicked the links.

I'm sure my explanation is still on the Ukraine invasion and the putin threads.

Go and look if you're that bothered.

I'm guessing you won't though but hey ho, your choice. 

For the first time . You are correct .

7 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Snipped

You are correct .

I know.

A rare thing these days.

An honest Democrat...

Here's Kennedys take on things. 

Democratic presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr. suggested Wednesday that Russia has been “acting in good faith” in various efforts to end the war in Ukraine and placed blame on the U.S. for the 16-monthlong conflict.

Kennedy said in an interview on SiriusXM’s “The Briefing with Steve Scully” that Russian President Vladimir Putin has “repeatedly said yes” to negotiations.

“In fact, he negotiated, two times he agreed to agreements,” Kennedy said. “He agreed to the Minsk Accord, and then he agreed in 2022 to an agreement that would’ve left Ukraine completely intact.”

The Minsk agreements were two separate international agreements in 2014 and 2015 that sought to end fighting in the Donbas region of Ukraine. Fighting never ended entirely, and Putin claimed that the agreements did “not exist” shortly before launching his full-scale invasion of Ukraine last February.

It’s not immediately clear what 2022 agreement Kennedy is referring to. However, the long-shot Democratic candidate accused the U.S. of tanking the negotiations in Wednesday’s interview.

“It was us who forced [Ukrainian President Volodymyr] Zelensky to sabotage that agreement. It was already signed,” Kennedy claimed. “So, you know, the Russians were acting in good faith. … So, no, I think we’re the ones who have not been acting in good faith.”

Kennedy has previously criticized America’s involvement in the war in Ukraine, suggesting at an event in New Hampshire on Tuesday that the conflict is the “creation of a relentless mentality of foreign domination” on the part of the U.S.

“I abhor Russia’s brutal and bloody invasion of that nation,” Kennedy said, according to ABC News. “But we must understand that our government has also contributed to its circumstances through repeated deliberate provocations of Russia going back to the 1990s.”

Edited by The_DADDY

28 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

NATO, America and us. 👍

Nato,   America and us broke promises to Russia when the cold war ended.

We had promised that Nato would not expand eastwards and it did.

That is a whole lot different than actually invading a country with full military might and bombing and missile striking until  whole cities are in complete ruins. 

That is the same difference as one man breaking a promise to another and the other beating the first one to a pulp. 

It would seem that your powers of  comparison work differently to the rest of the Western World and I've questioned before,  whether you should be living here when seeing Putin as the new Messiah.

Never heard such a stupid, turned on it's head argument. in all my life.   

12 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

I know.

A rare thing these days.

An honest Democrat...

Here's Kennedys take on things. 

Democratic presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr. suggested Wednesday that Russia has been “acting in good faith” in various efforts to end the war in Ukraine and placed blame on the U.S. for the 16-monthlong conflict.

Kennedy said in an interview on SiriusXM’s “The Briefing with Steve Scully” that Russian President Vladimir Putin has “repeatedly said yes” to negotiations.

“In fact, he negotiated, two times he agreed to agreements,” Kennedy said. “He agreed to the Minsk Accord, and then he agreed in 2022 to an agreement that would’ve left Ukraine completely intact.”

The Minsk agreements were two separate international agreements in 2014 and 2015 that sought to end fighting in the Donbas region of Ukraine. Fighting never ended entirely, and Putin claimed that the agreements did “not exist” shortly before launching his full-scale invasion of Ukraine last February.

It’s not immediately clear what 2022 agreement Kennedy is referring to. However, the long-shot Democratic candidate accused the U.S. of tanking the negotiations in Wednesday’s interview.

“It was us who forced [Ukrainian President Volodymyr] Zelensky to sabotage that agreement. It was already signed,” Kennedy claimed. “So, you know, the Russians were acting in good faith. … So, no, I think we’re the ones who have not been acting in good faith.”

Kennedy has previously criticized America’s involvement in the war in Ukraine, suggesting at an event in New Hampshire on Tuesday that the conflict is the “creation of a relentless mentality of foreign domination” on the part of the U.S.

“I abhor Russia’s brutal and bloody invasion of that nation,” Kennedy said, according to ABC News. “But we must understand that our government has also contributed to its circumstances through repeated deliberate provocations of Russia going back to the 1990s.”

There's a hell of a lot of difference between not signing an agreement and starting a full scale war.

The one who's military rolled was the one who started the war.

Edited by Organgrinder