Why Are Women So Much More Bothered About xmas and birthdays than men ?

42 minutes ago, francypants said:

I'd be more than happy with an iron if that's what I needed.  I'd much rather have useful items.   A lot of men like tools ( my husband, son and son in law prefer to receive tools than anything else )  It's just the same.

You're right here.

If my wife buys me tools, decent ones I actually need, I am delighted.

If I buy her anything for the house at all, I am in the dog box !

1 hour ago, hackey lad said:

That’s a horrible thing to say . I put a lot of time and effort into buying the good Lady an iron last year . 

I put you on ignore and asked you to put me on ignore how am I still seeing your posts?

5 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

You're right here.

If my wife buys me tools, decent ones I actually need, I am delighted.

If I buy her anything for the house at all, I am in the dog box !

Aren't you a teeny bit romantic or have you no imagination?

1 hour ago, Jack Grey said:

Women love cards.....🤣

Couldn't be bothered playing it as you can't be bothered,  haha

5 minutes ago, cressida said:

Aren't you a teeny bit romantic or have you no imagination?

Yes I am romantic. Ever year, on our wedding anniversary, me and the wife get a friend to look after our boy and go away for a weekend. We take it in turns, one person arranges it all without telling the other where we are going so it's all a surprise. It works very well, I'd recommend it.

My point on the items for the house or workshop is right though. I like tools bought for me, but I would never even dare buy anything equivalent for her !

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chekhov said:

Yes I am romantic. Ever year, on our wedding anniversary, me and the wife get a friend to look after our boy and go away for a weekend. We take it in turns, one person arranges it all without telling the other where we are going so it's all a surprise. It works very well, I'd recommend it.

My point on the items for the house or workshop is right though. I like tools bought for me, but I would never even dare buy anything equivalent for her !

No frying pans then! 

1 hour ago, spilldig said:

No frying pans then! 

I bought a lady friend a (hand) shovel for her birthday last year, well you ought to have seen the old one, like something off Antique Roadshow.

Whether by nature or nurture, women seem to enthuse over the minutiae of organising social events, and likewise are engrossed with TV soaps due to their emphasis on relationships.