Why Are Women So Much More Bothered About xmas and birthdays than men ?

3 hours ago, El Cid said:

Is it because men are grumpier and more likely to say bar humbug?

I believe they made a film about it.

Bar Humbug. I haven’t been in there. Where about is it in Sheffield?

echo.

Edited by echo beach
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, bungleboy69 said:

I'd be more than happy to forget everything around Christmas and Birthdays. I don't need any gifts or bottles of booze or clothes. If I do, I buy for myself as and when. I don't like cards as see them as a waste of paper and an expensive stamp. I can cope with a few days away somewhere but I'd do that anytime, not just when it's a birthday. If its for kids I can understand it, but I've never had kids so luckily escaped that too. 

Misery guts .

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Anna B said:

Because it's the women who make it happen. 

Particularly when they have small children. They are the ones who put the magic in it for the children, and it becomes a habit that's hard to break. The men leave them to it.

That's quite a generalization.

6 minutes ago, El Cid said:

I did much more stuff when I was a single parent, its about being a parent, not whether they are male or female.

Same here. I do everything for my kids, their mum isn't even in their lives so I get a bit prickly when I hear how it's the woman who does it all.

It really isn't like that for many.

• Like 4

A lot of men feel if something isn't important to them,  then it doesn't matter.  It seems to be their default setting.  Some learn otherwise and some pigheadedly persist, never learning that an inexpensive bouquet of flowers and a nice card would make their lives so much easier.

However, watching 90 Day Fiancé has shown me that there are women who are not satisfied with just a gift. They want an expensive gift.  Including one Russian girl who threw a tantrum in a jewelry store because her potential future husband couldn't afford a $150,000.00 ring.  Why that guy didn't just turn around and walk out of there without her, I'll never know. 

And I'm thinking, wow. If he's got that much money burning a hole in his pocket, lets go to the bank and open a money market or brokerage account and put it in MY name.  And I'll get a $50 cubic zirconia ring I don't have to worry about.  And yes, they did get married and she's been making his life miserable since. 😞

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Sierra said:

A lot of men feel if something isn't important to them,  then it doesn't matter.  It seems to be their default setting.  Some learn otherwise and some pigheadedly persist, never learning that an inexpensive bouquet of flowers and a nice card would make their lives so much easier.

However, watching 90 Day Fiancé has shown me that there are women who are not satisfied with just a gift. They want an expensive gift.  Including one Russian girl who threw a tantrum in a jewelry store because her potential future husband couldn't afford a $150,000.00 ring.  Why that guy didn't just turn around and walk out of there without her, I'll never know. 

And I'm thinking, wow. If he's got that much money burning a hole in his pocket, lets go to the bank and open a money market or brokerage account and put it in MY name.  And I'll get a $50 cubic zirconia ring I don't have to worry about.  And yes, they did get married and she's been making his life miserable since. 😞

I knew a lad who for a Birthday surprise ,spent all day fitting a high tech sound system £ 500 plus to his girlfriends car . She wasn't happy because it was the same as her friends . 

10 minutes ago, Sierra said:

Good evening Sierra,  are you still in contact with Harleyman and Buck?