Maspalomas in Gran Canaria

Thinking of going at the end of September - anybody been and can tell me anything about the resort? Obviously I have looked it up on tinternet but personal experiences are so much more useful. Cheers.

Hi, I toured the Canary Islands a year last Christmas and called off at Maspalomas.

Personally I prefered Porto Rico and found Maspalomas heavily built up, a lot of traffic and air quality could have been better due to the amount of cars.

Having said that the famous sand dunes make it all worth while.

The beach is like being in the Sahara desert with sea and the dunes are rather steep so you can get out of the wind if its blowing a little and it can be windy on there.

Remember its only my point of view and I do think Porto Rico is better its just a few miles downn the road and you can visit the sand dunes very easily from there.

Port le Morgan is a few kms further still if you fancy a quieter day which has a beautifull boat yard and fantastic restaurants.

Went to Gran Canaria in April and visited Maspalomas, it seem a bit more up market than surrounding area. Beach and sand dunes are really nice but most of the nuddie beachs are in that area with naked old people:gag: sorry!

You also cannot swim in the seafor the first couple of miles so it takes a while to get past the nuddies and the non-swim area

Went to Gran Canaria in April and visited Maspalomas, it seem a bit more up market than surrounding area. Beach and sand dunes are really nice but most of the nuddie beachs are in that area with naked old people:gag: sorry!

You also cannot swim in the seafor the first couple of miles so it takes a while to get past the nuddies and the non-swim area

What do you call old? I`m a 44 year old naturist and nobody gagged at the sight of my body when i went on the naturist beach at maspalomas.

Me and the wife went their last year to the Green oasis and it was the best holiday i`ve had. Make sure you visit other parts of the island and be adventurious and use the bus. It`s really cheap. I liked puerto rico and amadoras. Make sure you go to playa de englas (think i spealt it right) and go to the Yumbo centre. You can pick up a bargain if you don`t mind haggling. Use the taxis for journeys to faro 2 and the beach etc as it only costs about 2 euros. Also there`s a fair in between masopalomas and playa well worth a visit. Have a go on the toros ride, i nearly peed myself laughing. Enjoy.

What do you call old? I`m a 44 year old naturist and nobody gagged at the sight of my body when i went on the naturist beach at maspalomas.

Me and the wife went their last year to the Green oasis and it was the best holiday i`ve had. Make sure you visit other parts of the island and be adventurious and use the bus. It`s really cheap. I liked puerto rico and amadoras. Make sure you go to playa de englas (think i spealt it right) and go to the Yumbo centre. You can pick up a bargain if you don`t mind haggling. Use the taxis for journeys to faro 2 and the beach etc as it only costs about 2 euros. Also there`s a fair in between masopalomas and playa well worth a visit. Have a go on the toros ride, i nearly peed myself laughing. Enjoy.

Sorry didnt mean to offend and i dont class 44 as old,..i mean 70 plus and of course the human body is supposed to be beautiful, but i'm not keen on the sight of naked wrinklys....especially when is comes as a bit of a shock....

Sorry didnt mean to offend and i dont class 44 as old,..i mean 70 plus and of course the human body is supposed to be beautiful, but i'm not keen on the sight of naked wrinklys....especially when is comes as a bit of a shock....

Okay. I`ll let you off. The thing with naturism though is that you don`t really look at other peoples bodies. Everyone`s equal. On some of the camp sites we go to you`re not allowed any jewellery as it can make you stand out. I must admit i don`t understand that rule.

Give naturism a try, you might like it. I can remember the first time i went in the sea naked, i thought " there`s something missing" and there was, My trunks!!!

i went to playa del ingel a couple of years ago which is quite near to maspalomas. one day we thought we would go on a walk to maspalomas along the beach as we heard it was quite up market and posh, so we thought we would go and have a look. we set off and all was fine, until the beach turned into a nude beach, but we just looked away and walked on. then this nude beach turned into a GAY NUDE BEACH!!! and aroung one minute later we were in maspalomas...just warning u lol. n also a lot of the people there are stuck up, and a lot do tend to be german. :|

:):):)

i went to playa del ingel a couple of years ago which is quite near to maspalomas. one day we thought we would go on a walk to maspalomas along the beach as we heard it was quite up market and posh, so we thought we would go and have a look. we set off and all was fine, until the beach turned into a nude beach, but we just looked away and walked on. then this nude beach turned into a GAY NUDE BEACH!!! and aroung one minute later we were in maspalomas...just warning u lol. n also a lot of the people there are stuck up, and a lot do tend to be german. :|

:):):)

Forgot to mention the germans. Part of maspalomas is full of them but british tour operators don`t send you to that part. Some of them can be really arrogant. But i guess you know that anyway.

I went there a few years ago and thought it was terrific.There are two lovely hotels right on the beach(expensive though) .The sand dunes are the focal point,and yes there is nude bathing and a gay beach, but what does it matter. We saw a person sunbathing topless,with beautiful long hair.Turned out to be a fella, when he turned round. :gag:

Archived