Disgraceful Fans

PapaLazarou

50 minutes ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

Yes. Pointing at the pitch usually. 

No different to a TV director cutting to pictures of the crowd (they call them "beauty shots" in the trade), photographers could point their camera at the crowd at half time or before the game I suppose.

14 minutes ago, horribleblob said:

Does Hillsborough stadium have high-definition security cameras scanning the terraces during a match, looking for crowd issues?

If so, a still image could easily be taken from one of those.

Indeed, generally done from the control room in conjunction with the local police force. Although nobody knows who "leaked" this picture do they?

Edited by HeHasRisen
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, m williamson said:

" I disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. " Voltaire.

I agree completely with that, but we're not talking about ' Free Speech with regard to this incident are we? Free speech refers to stating an opinion - quite often political - about some situation.

What  those two morons did was a gratuitous insult to a deceased child. No opinion was involved and 99.9% of their fellow supporters will no doubt have found their behaviour disgusting.

Unfortunately every club has a small percentage of sub humans like them and no one with any sense would hold it against your club.

Obscene racist, homophobic or xenophobic insults are not free speech they are ignorant insults.  But free speech has to be maintained at all cost , we do not want to live in an Orwellian 1984 dystopia, no matter how much our political establishment might like us to.

I agree with Voltaire. That said, hate speech and dangerous speech ie: Speech which 85% of the population find derogatory, inciting, divisive and/or dangerous should, as is hugely true today, be limited to places where you wish to find hateful content, such as YouTube and other 'dark web' Conspiracy platforms. The vast majority are sickened by inciteful, right wing, racist, vile 'free speech'.

24 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

All those you mentioned are on the right of politics

You haven't named anyone left wing

Which is strange because it's the left who are usually quite abusive and toxic 

Ripping down statues, throwing milkshakes and blocking roads 

Ah, now we're getting to the nub of it....

Edited by Mister M
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jack Grey said:

All those you mentioned are on the right of politics

You haven't named anyone left wing

Which is strange because it's the left who are usually quite abusive and toxic 

Ripping down statues, throwing milkshakes and blocking roads 

Of course they are. The left didn't try to demolish the Capitol. The left didn't fly Trump and Confederate flags in Trafalgar Square. The left (of which Starmer isn't one) admit mistakes and don't lie to support liars. 85% of the UK population is left leaning. Only Tories, Brexit Party 🤣 Reform 🤣 and Fascists 😔 are right leaning. Or racists as I like to call them. 

Scotland, Wales and NI, along with the vast majority of the English dislike the Right. If Proportional Representation was introduced in the UK, the Nation's true beliefs would embarrass the Tories. Only a bent Electoral system supports their elitist vision. That's why they never want PR. Neither does light blue Tory, Starmer. There are only 205 Right Wing voters in my Constituency. The other Parties have around 15,000 supporters. So nah!

Edited by Hotmale 1954

18 minutes ago, m williamson said:

" I disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. " Voltaire.

I agree completely with that, but we're not talking about ' Free Speech with regard to this incident are we? Free speech refers to stating an opinion - quite often political - about some situation.

What  those two morons did was a gratuitous insult to a deceased child. No opinion was involved and 99.9% of their fellow supporters will no doubt have found their behaviour disgusting.

Unfortunately every club has a small percentage of sub humans like them and no one with any sense would hold it against your club.

Obscene racist, homophobic or xenophobic insults are not free speech they are ignorant insults.  But free speech has to be maintained at all cost , we do not want to live in an Orwellian 1984 dystopia, no matter how much our political establishment might like us to.

It's a topical subject. I was reading today that some protestors who were on their way to Manchester to protest at the Conservative Party Conference, but were apprehended by the police. Apparently under new legislation introduced in the last couple of years, Government has given the right to police to do this.

I disagree with this or any Government suppressing people's legitimate right to protest.

But in the case of these 2 morons being vile to a little lad who died of cancer, they were just being obnoxious.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Ah, we're getting to the nub of it....

He's got a Confederate flag tattooed on his forehead. Probably loves Boris. Probably reads the Sun, Mail or Telegraph. Probably not in touch with real life people. 

1 hour ago, Jack Grey said:

All those you mentioned are on the right of politics. YEP, AND ALL DANGEROUS, UNBALANCED PEOPLE. IF PROOF WERE NEEDED?

You haven't named anyone left wing NAME AN ABUSIVE, TOXIC LEFT LEANING MP..

Which is strange because it's the left who are usually quite abusive and toxic 😭 !?!?!!!!

Ripping down statues, throwing milkshakes and blocking roads THEY DO THIS BECAUSE OF RIGHT WING SLAVERS, RACISTS, CLIMATE DENIERS AND ELITISTS WHO'S ONLY CONCERN IS FINANCING THE TOP 2% OF 'EARNERS' IN THE COUNTRY. THE ONES WHOS MONEY ISN'T IN ANY BRITISH BANK. BENT. ARROGANT. SELFISH. CORRUPT. NASTY. THE ONES WHO MOVED THEIR BUSINESSES TO EU COUNTRIES BEFORE WE LEFT THE EU. SNIDEY CROOKS.

Edited by Hotmale 1954
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mister M said:

It's a topical subject. I was reading today that some protestors who were on their way to Manchester to protest at the Conservative Party Conference, but were apprehended by the police. Apparently under new legislation introduced in the last couple of years, Government has given the right to police to do this.

I disagree with this or any Government suppressing people's legitimate right to protest.

But in the case of these 2 morons being vile to a little lad who died of cancer, they were just being obnoxious.

There is a real danger of the politicians suppressing civil rights. Peaceful protests should not be prevented or hindered in any way by the state. The exception to that being when the protest causes genuine problems for the general public trying to go about their day to day business.

Holding a placard and expressing your disapproval of something shouldn't be a problem, gluing yourself to the public highway and causing major disruption is a problem.

Personally I've never taken part in a demo  -  I didn't even take my shoe off in the Lane carpark that time - but I agree with other peoples right to do.

• Like 2