Disgraceful Fans

PapaLazarou

33 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Not necessarily. 

Those are repressive dictatorships, Britain and other countries which are democracies allow for freedom of expression. But there are limits to what behaviour is tolerated even in a country like ours. The police and courts determine what is and what isn't an outrage to public decency. 

And you can't see a problem with that?

3 years ago the only speech you could be arrested for is the threat of violence 

9 hours ago, Jack Grey said:

Have I missed something? 

They were just showing a picture of a child that had died of cancer who was a fan of the opposite team

It's disgusting but the fact you can be arrested and charged with that is very worrying

Yes the club should give them lifetime bans but the police arresting them should worry people

Yes I agree, ban them but they should not be charged. I assume they want to make an example of them.

21 hours ago, Jack Grey said:

I think that's besides the point

The fact is they did it and it's been reported on

Getting arrested for it is really worrying 

Everyday they take more of our free speech rights asy from us 

I'm not an advocate of free speech. Trump. Lee Anderson. David Icke. Sunella Bravaman. Priti Patel. Boris Johnson. Richie Allen. Russell Brand to name a few.  Dangerous people. Hitler had an opinion. Stalin had an opinion. Putin has an opinion. Most don't agree with them. Most don't want to hear, or read them. Racists and Fascists love them. So no. Some 'opinions' do need monitoring.

37 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

And you can't see a problem with that?

3 years ago the only speech you could be arrested for is the threat of violence 

Over the years there have been numerous cases where people's freedom of speech and expression have been tested in the courts.

I'm not saying there isn't a problem, I just refuse to be moved by a couple of d*ckheads who think it's funny to laugh at a little lad who died in tragic circumstances.

• Like 1

On 02/10/2023 at 07:27, Mister M said:

I think the men laughing at Bradley were charged with 'outraging public decency'.

Apparently that crime goes back many years. 

Nothing to do with COVID, or these new fangled chiches of 'nanny state' or 'police state'.

Don't forget the horrible, evil (ficticous) Deep State. It's Republican, Trump led nonsense. One of many nonsense conspiracies emanating from the UFO, Poltergeist, Alien abduction, Paranormal obsessed USA.

Edited by Hotmale 1954

12 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

I would suggest that football games in the top two tiers of English football have a fair number of press photographers there, no? 

27 minutes ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

Yes. Pointing at the pitch usually. 

Does Hillsborough stadium have high-definition security cameras scanning the terraces during a match, looking for crowd issues?

If so, a still image could easily be taken from one of those.

8 minutes ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

I'm not an advocate of free speech. Trump. Lee Anderson. David Icke. Sunella Bravaman. Priti Patel. Boris Johnson. Richie Allen. Russell Brand to name a few.  Dangerous people. Hitler had an opinion. Stalin had an opinion. Putin has an opinion. Most don't agree with them. Most don't want to hear, or read them. Racists and Fascists love them. So no. Some 'opinions' do need monitoring.

" I disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. " Voltaire.

I agree completely with that, but we're not talking about ' Free Speech with regard to this incident are we? Free speech refers to stating an opinion - quite often political - about some situation.

What  those two morons did was a gratuitous insult to a deceased child. No opinion was involved and 99.9% of their fellow supporters will no doubt have found their behaviour disgusting.

Unfortunately every club has a small percentage of sub humans like them and no one with any sense would hold it against your club.

Obscene racist, homophobic or xenophobic insults are not free speech they are ignorant insults.  But free speech has to be maintained at all cost , we do not want to live in an Orwellian 1984 dystopia, no matter how much our political establishment might like us to.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

All those you mentioned are on the right of politics

You haven't named anyone left wing

Which is strange because it's the left who are usually quite abusive and toxic 

Ripping down statues, throwing milkshakes and blocking roads 

Edited by Jack Grey

Just now, horribleblob said:

Does Hillsborough stadium have high-definition security cameras scanning the terraces during a match, looking for crowd issues?

If so, a still image could easily be taken from one of those.

Yes it could. If so, who chose to highlight these morons, demean the Club and feed the National Press?

They are as guilty as the two morons.

See it. Investigate it. Act on it. Done.

The Daily Mail of all papers!?!?

Another reason to bash Wednesday at every opportunity.