Snipped

I’ve decided that engaging with anyone who uses “snipped” as a way of avoiding questions, really isn’t worth it.

So, I will no longer be engaging with the snipper.

I’m fine about people slimming down posts to streamline their replies, but I’m not ok about the use of “snip” to troll, or shut down debate.

That’s it really. I’m not attempting to start a revolution. Or to cancel a “contributor”.

I just thought that I’d put it out there for people to consider. In the end, we get the forum that we deserve.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

Snipped 

snipped

Snipped 

Sorry, couldn't resist. 

12 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

I’ve decided that engaging with anyone who uses “snipped” as a way of avoiding questions, really isn’t worth it.

I’m fine about people slimming down posts to streamline their replies, but I’m not ok about the use of “snip” to troll, or shut down debate.

That’s it really. I’m not attempting to start a revolution. Or to cancel a “contributor”.

I just thought that I’d put it out there for people to consider. In the end, we get the forum that we deserve.

Yeah you are. At least be adult enough to admit it. 

9 hours ago, Prettytom said:

So basically you're ignoring someone who uses a forum function to cut out irrelevancy in a quote and employs it to highlight the part they're responding to?

Pretty sure I've seen you do this in past thread, so this is kettle, pot, black right here. 

So shunning a responder because they didn't quote all the guff amongst any point you're attempting to make. Sounds like 'cancelling' to me

Indeed we do, unfortunately it means dealing with other users that throw the toys out of the pram occasionally.....

52 minutes ago, geared said:

Hover your mouse over their user name, and use the Ignore User facility.  Their posts will then be hidden to you.

You can change the settings in your user profile if you wish.

EP4LZtZ.jpg

What ? He was off here for 8 hours ? 😂

...you are right to do so... tactic acceptance that their claims just burst into flames... and they've got nothing.

34 minutes ago, Resident said:

So shunning a responder because they didn't quote all the guff amongst any point you're attempting to make.

The guff adds context! Quoting a small section in isolation can lead to the point being misrepresented for something it isn't.

10 minutes ago, Magilla said:

...you are right to do so... tactic acceptance that their claims just burst into flames... and they've got nothing.

The guff adds context! Quoting a small section in isolation can lead to the point being misrepresented for something it isn't.

Exactly.  Snipping is  used to remove the bits which they cannot,  or will not answer.

No one seem to mind about cutting  out irrelevancy when it comes to repeated gifs ( most of them inane ) which would be better banned,  as they are the biggest space waster on the forum.