Francis Lee - Rip

Baron99

Just heard that Francis Lee has passed. 

Now there was a man when football WAS a man's game.  I'll have to look on YouTube.  There must be some footage of him & a few players, Norman Hunter springs to mind, knocking lumps out of each other?

Another gone from that great City side.  

RIP. 

4 minutes ago, prince al said:

Thanks.  Saved me a job. 

Nothing like today's players.

You notice how nobody actually hit the deck, even Norman Hunter when he clearly clocked one & nobody waving an imaginary red card at the ref to get Lee or Hunter sent off. 

50 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Just heard that Francis Lee has passed. 

Now there was a man when football WAS a man's game.  I'll have to look on YouTube.  There must be some footage of him & a few players, Norman Hunter springs to mind, knocking lumps out of each other?

Another gone from that great City side.  

RIP. 

He put Hunter in his place.

33 minutes ago, cressida said:

R.I.P.  

Francis Lee and Mike Summerbee both Manchester City icons.

Don't forget a player I really liked around that time, even though I'm a Blade, Colin Bell.  And let's not forget Dennis Law, (he's still around as far as I know?), from that side at that time.  Man Utd  were nothing in them days. 

Edited by Baron99

41 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Don't forget a player I really liked around that time, even though I'm a Blade, Colin Bell.  And let's not forget Dennis Law, (he's still around as far as I know?), from that side at that time.  Man Utd  were nothing in them days. 

Nothing? They finished second the year City won the title and Denis had been a Man Utd player long before.