Air Friers

4 minutes ago, francypants said:

I'm not a person who buys on a whim or because something is in  ' fashion '     No I didn't get a George Foreman grill,  smoothie maker, bread maker, food chopper etc. etc.   .......    all the usual things that end up tucked away in a kitchen cupboard.    A few months ago however I did buy an air fryer and I can honestly say it's really really good.  Once you get to know the heat settings and cooking times it's so simple to use, economical and the food is delicious.  I use mine every day and I love it.

Completely agree,  I cooked a  chicken on sunday, perfect just 40 mins, what a economical time saver, I havn't used my  conventional cooker since. :thumbsup:

On 02/10/2023 at 21:29, Meltman said:

Make sure you all get an air fryer because all your friends and neighbours have one, so try and keep up. Also, all those nice people on TV keep telling you to get one so they must be good and you can use them every day and "cook" every thing in them.

Don't forget....fried food is good for you, tuck in!

You know they don't actually fry food though, right?

I know the name is misleading and I have know idea why they're called that, but they're really just small, fast, fan assisted ovens.

Turbo Oven would be a more appropriate name.

3 minutes ago, RootsBooster said:

You know they don't actually fry food though, right?

I know the name is misleading and I have know idea why they're called that, but they're really just small, fast, fan assisted ovens.

Turbo Oven would be a more appropriate name.

No I didn't know that! Every time I've seen them advertised or heard them spoken about they have been called 'fryers'. Thank you for explaining! I wondered what the people who use them all the time/every day could be eating if they were frying, I know now.

So they are not fryers, but like a mini oven?

I don't have oven in my house but during the winter I use my wood burning stove, however in the summer I either BBQ stuff or use my electric wok for cooking.

So one of these air fryers, can you do a joint of pork in them, cook a stew or do a Sunday roast dinner in them?

1 hour ago, Al Bundy said:

So they are not fryers, but like a mini oven?

I don't have oven in my house but during the winter I use my wood burning stove, however in the summer I either BBQ stuff or use my electric wok for cooking.

So one of these air fryers, can you do a joint of pork in them, cook a stew or do a Sunday roast dinner in them?

I love my air fryer,  as I said in a previous post I use it every day.    There isn't much you cannot use it for.

Meat  ( Joints or chops, steaks etc )  is cooked to perfection.  The air fryer browns the outside but leaves the inside moist.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Anna B said:

Neither have I. 

The name is misleading. It's really just a small oven. Saves having to turn on the big one for a small item.

Very useful.

Exactly .

4 hours ago, francypants said:

I love my air fryer,  as I said in a previous post I use it every day.    There isn't much you cannot use it for.

Meat  ( Joints or chops, steaks etc )  is cooked to perfection.  The air fryer browns the outside but leaves the inside moist.

:thumbsup:  Never tried it because ours isn't big enough but heard a roast chicken  comes out great in one .

Edited by hackey lad