Marcia Grant. 13 Year Old Pleads Guilty.

Previous thread was closed. 

The 13 year old, 12 at the time of running her down outside her home, has pleaded guilty. 

https://www.itv.com/news/calendar/2023-10-03/boy-13-pleads-guilty-after-death-of-grandmother-hit-by-her-own-car

"The youngster, who was 12 at the time of the incident and cannot be named, has pleaded guilty to causing death by dangerous driving. 

The boy had been due to go on trial this week charged with murder, but prosecutors accepted the lesser charge at Sheffield Crown Court today.

When he first appeared before court in April, prosecutor Gary Crothers told Sheffield Youth Court that police at the scene noted that the boy said: "Is she dead?", "looks like I got my first kill" and "it was an accident, I swear".

Edited by Baron99

22 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

This appears to be yet another child who has fallen through the cracks.

How awful must his life have been to end up getting involved with stuff like this? 

Spot on sir. With all the school staff these days, teachers, teaching assistants, welfare and pastoral care officers, plus other outside agencies, all with supposed qualifications in child care it’s a crying shame for the child that no one has done anything to bring him into line. 

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, YorkieontheTyne said:

Spot on sir. With all the school staff these days, teachers, teaching assistants, welfare and pastoral care officers, plus other outside agencies, all with supposed qualifications in child care it’s a crying shame for the child that no one has done anything to bring him into line. 

I don't see any reference to parental responsibility? 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mandem said:

I thought she was his foster mother and he had only been with her a few days (or weeks) I cant remember   I may be wrong and have got the wrong information 

No that was my recollection too, for obvious reasons that wont be made public now I suppose but I recall someone who knew her posted that to social media at the time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1