Right Then. Who Do You Want?

Hotmale 1954

17 hours ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

This isn't open to discussion really. I'd like you start with which team you support, followed by who you suspect could be Wednesday's next Manager, followed by who you'd give the job to.

Blades. Bullen or Carlos. Warnock.

• Like 1

What about the fella at Huddersfield….inspired the greatest comeback in play off history…broke club records all through last season….won promotion & loved by players & supporters alike …now he deserves a chance in the Championship at a big club like Wednesday…

Oh hold on a minute……🙄

#chansiriout 

Edited by Sheridan1-0
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, prince al said:

No more foreign managers, they haven’t a clue about the league.

Since Sean Dyche (Burnley) in 2016, the championship-winning managers in the Championship have been:

Rafa Benitez (ESP)

Nuno Santo (POR)

Daniel Farke (GER)

Marcelo Bielsa (ARG)

Daniel Farke (GER)

Marco Silva (POR)

Vincent Kompany (BEL)

Maybe they don't 'have a clue' about the bottom end of the league, I guess, but they sure seem to understand how to stay up the top end.

Managers of the relegated teams over that period are predominantly British, by the way.

58 minutes ago, AndrewC said:

Since Sean Dyche (Burnley) in 2016, the championship-winning managers in the Championship have been:

Rafa Benitez (ESP)

Nuno Santo (POR)

Daniel Farke (GER)

Marcelo Bielsa (ARG)

Daniel Farke (GER)

Marco Silva (POR)

Vincent Kompany (BEL)

Maybe they don't 'have a clue' about the bottom end of the league, I guess, but they sure seem to understand how to stay up the top end.

Managers of the relegated teams over that period are predominantly British, by the way.

I know they are good managers. I meant in Wednesday’s situation with no money to spend and struggling to field a winning side. We need someone who knows the league.

i think  theres plenty that can talk the talk ,theres some that will say i have won promotion from the championship set me on ,like the last one ,but somtimes managers get lucky and the last managers been sacked ,but the squad comes good ,leicester have worked hard and the players say its hard working new systems and they are getting good results but they have top players,so we either get warnock in and stablise or go for a good foreign manager like Oscar Garcia or Danny ROHL hope thats right , the Cowley brothers would be a risk ,so would Micheal Beale ,but theres plenty out there,But the other factor is will mr chansiri invest more money as the supporters hate him,why should he? But then he loses millions if we go down, I  think he wants to sell ,but he would only get good cash back if we went up or were mid table.

9 minutes ago, prince al said:

I know they are good managers. I meant in Wednesday’s situation with no money to spend and struggling to field a winning side. We need someone who knows the league.

I think it's a misconception that there are somehow these British managers who have some special knowledge about aspects of the Championship relegation battle that would make them more valuable than other British or foreign managers.

Sure, you might have a little experience to impart on the team, maybe know the odd player you could bring in to improve your squad (if you've got the money), but is that really 'knowledge of the Championship relegation battle', or just 'knowing how to be a good manager'?

Let's just say I think it would be silly to dislike a foreign appointment just because you think they don't know the league, and even sillier to be excited by a British appointment just because you think they do know the league...

8 minutes ago, AndrewC said:

I think it's a misconception that there are somehow these British managers who have some special knowledge about aspects of the Championship relegation battle that would make them more valuable than other British or foreign managers.

Sure, you might have a little experience to impart on the team, maybe know the odd player you could bring in to improve your squad (if you've got the money), but is that really 'knowledge of the Championship relegation battle', or just 'knowing how to be a good manager'?

Let's just say I think it would be silly to dislike a foreign appointment just because you think they don't know the league, and even sillier to be excited by a British appointment just because you think they do know the league...

I take your point but I think you’re taking my comments to the extreme. Of course ability to manage and motivate the team is paramount, regardless of nationality.

Edited by prince al