The Yom Kippur War .

1 hour ago, Jack Grey said:

The Metropolitan Police has said it has increased police patrols across London after receiving reports of people appearing to celebrate the attack on Israel by Hamas.

https://news.sky.com/story/met-police-step-up-patrols-after-number-of-incidents-in-relation-to-israel-and-gaza-conflict-12979772

Sounds like you are all getting a bit windy now.   No surprise at all.   It will get worse every year in Palestine,  exactly the same as it will here so get used to it.

You all think that if you ignore a problem,  it will go away.       No chance.

18 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Just waffle.

True waffle though.

Did you go to school at all ?                Read up about Palestine at the end of World War 2.

It would make a nice change for you to know what you are talking about.

I might add,  that all I want is to see peace everywhere  instead of maintaining the Status Quo.

You,  like our government want to maintain that Status Quo but you will all find that it's no longer possible.   That's why you will keep seeing things like that young girl.

Edited by Organgrinder

26 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Make up your mind.  I thought that you didn't agree with Europe so what was Brexit all about.

I don't even have to argue the point because you lot are going to disappear beneath a wave of foreign nationals as in the case of Palestine and your attitude will change.

I know that you believe that silly Sunak will stop it for you but NO, he won't because he can't and your mistake will then be plain for all to see.

Has he stopped the boats yet ????????????????????

I voted to remain in the EU.  I did not agree with the UK being part of a EU political union. That does not mean I do not agree with every political view of the EU.  All the civilised World is singing from the same hymn sheet regarding what has happened this week in Israel and acknowledge terrorists have started a war.

6 minutes ago, Axe said:

I voted to remain in the EU.  I did not agree with the UK being part of a EU political union. That does not mean I do not agree with every political view of the EU.  All the civilised World is singing from the same hymn sheet regarding what has happened this week in Israel and acknowledge terrorists have started a war.

Wrong again,  in the same way you think that all the civilised world agrees with us over Ukraine.

Remember to specify who you refer to as civilised because I don't think you know yourself.

Do you remember how a few "uncivilised" Taliban,  with nothing but machine guns mounted on pick-up trucks,  ran us out of Afghanistan in a blind panic ?

A lot of the world hate us and Israel will be equally unloved by some and yet you prefer to think of them as inconsequential because they are  "not civilised".   Try and drag yourself into the 21st century.

Edited by Organgrinder

46 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Sounds like you are all getting a bit windy now.   No surprise at all.   It will get worse every year in Palestine,  exactly the same as it will here so get used to it.

You all think that if you ignore a problem,  it will go away.       No chance.

True waffle though.

Did you go to school at all ?                Read up about Palestine at the end of World War 2.

It would make a nice change for you to know what you are talking about.

I might add,  that all I want is to see peace everywhere  instead of maintaining the Status Quo.

You,  like our government want to maintain that Status Quo but you will all find that it's no longer possible.   That's why you will keep seeing things like that young girl.

What young girl?

Edited by Al Bundy

1 minute ago, Al Bundy said:

That's quite a Misogynisic statement from someone who likes to champion women's rights and equality.

Your mask has slipped there, deary deary me.

Tut tut.

Don't talk daft.  I stated in the line above that I want to see peace and have never condoned what happened to the girl. 

The fact that certain things happen or don't happen are no way connected with anything I say.

You just happen to have run out of argument again.      Get back to school and we can then discuss it when you have a clue what it's all about.

2 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Don't talk daft.  I stated in the line above that I want to see peace and have never condoned what happened to the girl. 

The fact that certain things happen or don't happen are no way connected with anything I say.

You just happen to have run out of argument again.      Get back to school and we can then discuss it when you have a clue what it's all about.

My apologies, I didn't realise you were talking about that girl who was killed.

👍

The Jewish people are in many ways a very impressive race.  Jews have been awarded 22% of all Nobel Prizes despite the fact that they comprise only 0.2 percent of the worlds population.

For a number of years I worked for a company formed by three Jewish men,  the one I got to know was an extremely impressive and decent man. I've also been to Israel and enjoyed it immensely.

However, whilst accepting that Israelis have a right to a homeland I am not a supporter of all actions taken by the Israeli state. How many of us would want to be judged by the actions of our government whichever party is in power?

This is a poem written by a Palestinian woman and tells another side to the story.

https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poems/143255/running-orders

People of all races are just trying to live their lives in peace. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Israeli–Palestinian_conflict

Wikipedia, so it might come from a biased point of view.

And this is the important bit

On May 14, 1948, one day before the British Mandate expired, Ben-Gurion declared "the establishment of a Jewish State in Eretz-Israel, to be known as the State of Israel". The declaration was stated to be "by virtue of our natural and historic right and on the strength of the resolution of the United Nations General Assembly". The Declaration stated that the State of Israel would "ensure complete equality of social and political rights to all its inhabitants irrespective of religion, race or sex; it will guarantee freedom of religion, conscience, language, education and culture; it will safeguard the Holy Places of all religions; and it will be faithful to the principles of the Charter of the United Nations".[44]

For many centuries,  Jewish people spread all over the globe and settled everywhere,  many in Germany, Russia, Poland etc.  After WW2 and the Holocaust, there were millions of displaced Jews who needed somewhere

to settle again and many decided to go back to the region which their families  had left.  That region had already seen much change  but now was filled with returning Jews and unhappy Arabs who were being pushed out.

Although nobody is blameless,  Israel had long since ignored the declaration and has continued in to allow Jewish families settling Palestinian  land and taking farms, homesteads etc from the Palestinians. 

The United Nations declared Israel to be at fault and ordered them to vacate Palestinian land but Israel have done the opposite and allowed more Jewish settlers.

It was a mess when we set it up and it's a bigger mess now and needs political agreement which Jews & Arabs will abide by.

As always,  if the British had stayed away from the area,  it would at least,  have been none of our doing.       Remember that very important declaration 

The Declaration stated that the State of Israel would "ensure complete equality of social and political rights to all its inhabitants irrespective of religion, race or sex; it will guarantee freedom of religion, conscience, language, education and culture; it will safeguard the Holy Places of all religions; and it will be faithful to the principles of the Charter of the United Nations".[44]

Edited by Organgrinder