The Yom Kippur War .

8 hours ago, Anna B said:

War is not nice, bombs don't discriminate and ordinary people on both sides suffer. It is best avoided at all costs.

Israel was given the land in 1948 by the British. (Not that it was ours to give but there we are... ) So far, so good.... But backed by Britain and America Israel has taken over more and more Palestinian land ever since.

I suggest you look at a map of Israel in 1948 and compare it to a map of Israel in 2020 to see how it has expanded into Palestinian territory. Israel has invaded Palestine to put it another way

They didn't ask nicely, they took it by force, and got away with it because they were backed by the American superpower. Basically Nuclear weapons vs bows and arrows. 

The best thing is to come to an agreed settlement, but Israel has broken agreements again and again.

https://remix.aljazeera.com/aje/PalestineRemix/maps_main.html

Anna the United Nations advised that the land be split between the the two people .The expansion is wrong . Hamas is not an Army it is a terrorist organization that rules Gaza by fear .

13 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

My days of interactions with you are over.  Jog on

No chance.   You don't like the truth and I will tell you that regularly.

I didn't realise that history and maps began in 1948.

That's when THE BRITISH,  put the Israelis,   on ARAB LAND  and started all the trouble.

But you cannot admit that the British or the Israelis  have ever done anything wrong.

Edited by Organgrinder

19 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

A one sided argument again.  Just mention anything the Hamas does and leave out anything the Jews do.

I don't condone terrorism but you need to know and accept the facts regarding WHY there should be terrorists.

Brainwashed as always.

The Jews ??? make your self clear , Is your argument against a people who who happen to be born a Jew or is it just Israeli people .Make it clear . Are you anti  Semitic .

1 minute ago, Organgrinder said:

No chance.   You don't like the truth and I will tell you that regularly.

That's when THE BRITISH,  put the Israelis,   on ARAB LAND  and started all the trouble.

But you cannot admit that the British or the Israelis  have ever done anything wrong.

Are you British 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

So make it clear you are saying that Hamas are not terrorists . That kidnapping , rape and murdering kids at a music festival is not a terror act, that kidnapping old people and children to use as human. Shield is not terror . Make it clear in plain English so as we all know where you stand . 

I am not saying that and I have never said that.    I have never condoned terrorism.

I am saying that Israel taking Palestinian land is the cause of the trouble and that's what helps to cause terrorism.

Is that clear enough to another brainwashed individual ?

10 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

Anna the United Nations advised that the land be split between the the two people .The expansion is wrong . Hamas is not an Army it is a terrorist organization that rules Gaza by fear .

The land WAS split between 2 people but Israel has taken almost all the lot and are ruling the Palestinians on their own land.

Watch Anna's film and you might realise the truth.

Edited by Organgrinder

2 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

I am not saying that and I have never said that.    I have never condoned terrorism.

I am saying that Israel taking Palestinian land is the cause of the trouble and that's what helps to cause terrorism.

Is that clear enough to another brainwashed individual ?

And the Jews comment , make your self clear is it the Jewish people as a whole or just the Israeli people . Plain English , Are the Hamas terrorists or not , it’s easy to say it .

16 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

The Jews ??? make your self clear , Is your argument against a people who who happen to be born a Jew or is it just Israeli people .Make it clear . Are you anti  Semitic .

Are you British 

It is nothing to do with being a Jew.  It is all to do with being an Israeli who has stolen and is living on,  Palestinian land.   IS THAT CLEA ENOUGH ?

Yes,   I  am British, which sometimes makes me ashamed because I believe in peace and law..     Do you have this daft idea that we have never done anything wrong ?

I have also never denied that Hamas are terrorists..   IS THAT CLEAR ENUGH TOO ?

Edited by Organgrinder

3 hours ago, harvey19 said:

You really need to have a more overall view of what happened and not just be one sided.

Your bias is blinkering you to so much to what happened.

A new book, The Padre by Jennifer O'Leary may interest you. A true story.

As has been pointed out this thread is not about Ireland I will not continue but felt your bias could not go unchallenged.

You haven't a clue about me or the situation. You have convinced yourself that I'm biased because I respond to anti Irish bigotry from the racist ill informed.

I have in the past responded to anti English bias, but as all you tend to get on here is anti Irish crap that's what it comes across as. Get it?

Gateshead next to Newcastle and parts of Newcastle has the second largest community of Jews outside of London.  They’ve lived in the area for over a hundred years. They live a peaceful existence up here, as one policeman told me a few years ago, you will never see a Jew in a police station, signing on to claim benefits or trying to groom young girls. You get the odd bigot when you see the more orthodox Jews walking around Newcastle or Gateshead but on a whole people except  them. Probably why they have stayed in the area for so long.

Israel did start to land grab but only when Arab Nations ganged together to attack the country, the first attack being in 1948. If the Arab nations had left Israel alone to live in the part of Palestine where Jews were already living and had done so for thousands of years,  I’d like to think things would have been different. 

Credit to the Jews on how they transformed Israel a piece of desert into a modern day green country.   

Edited by hauxwell

4 minutes ago, hauxwell said:

Gateshead next to Newcastle and parts of Newcastle has the second largest community of Jews outside of London.  They’ve lived in the area for over a hundred years. They live a peaceful existence up here, as one policeman told me a few years ago, you will never see a Jew in a police station, signing on to claim benefits or trying to groom young girls. You get the odd bigot when you see the more orthodox Jews walking around Newcastle or Gateshead but on a whole people except  them. Probably why they have stayed in the area for so long.

Israel did start to land grab but only when Arab Nations ganged together to attack the country, the first attack being in 1948. If the Arab nations had left Israel alone to live in the part of Palestine where Jews were already living and had done so for thousands of years,  I’d like to think things would have been different. 

Credit to the Jews on how they transformed Israel a piece of desert into a modern day green country.   

I well remember the six day war and I accept that Arabs and Jews have never got along due to hatred on both sides.

What you laughingly refer to as   "start to land grab"  is actually far removed from that and the Israelis now rule Israel and  a very large chunk of Palestine.

They should be made to return the land they have stolen and THE WORLD.  not the Israelis should deal with terrorism properly.

Of course the world is busy fighting countless other wars instead,  usually because of other  LAND GRABS   funnily enough. 

We just need law, order & peace in the world and stop the blame game.        No side is blameless,  as is the case with the rest of the worlds troubles.

12 hours ago, cressida said:

I didn't know they'd bombed Harrods at the time,  have been several times since,   now it's owned by a Turkish conglomerate (?) I would think it's safe to go there these days.

Hackey please,  it's free speech.

The IRA terrorists planted a bomb outside Harrods in 1983 just before Christmas.  6 people were murdered.   Too many terrorist sympathisers forget the IRA terrorists carried out a murderous bombing campaign on the UK mainland.  

• Thanks 1