The Yom Kippur War .

5 minutes ago, m williamson said:

Utterly pointless question. It happened, there's nothing that can alter that .

The point is who was responsible for the deaths, maiming and grief?  Presumably you believe that it was the Irish for not submitting to   another country interfering in their affairs for its own ends? 

You think they should just have accepted their place and submitted and not rebelled, despite being an older nation than the one doing the interfering? 

The country using force over centuries for its own purposes and refusing to acknowledge the wishes of the people for freedom were blameless in the events that happened?

Without the unwanted presence of another country in their land there would have been no IRA, no deaths, no maiming but in your eyes it was all the fault of the Irish?

A United Ireland is inevitable, when it happens will you think that all the deaths and grief suffered by those attempting to continue the unwanted interference in Ireland was worth it?

Absolutely correct and undeniably the cause of terrorist organisations springing up.

In exactly the same way as would have happened in Britain,  if we had been overcome in 1940.

Free peoples ruling themselves have no need and no wish to start such organisations.

2 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

There have been calls from some US politicians for Israel to start bombing Iran and hamas starting with Iran's oil refineries.

Last thing we need is encouragement from the USA to extend the conflict  - which politicians BTW?

11 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Last thing we need is encouragement from the USA to extend the conflict  - which politicians BTW?

I've seen a couple of videos of Senator Lindsay Graham and another who I can't recall right now. There's a video on YouTube. I'll find it and post it.

My bold

Sadly I think that's inevitable. They've already sent a Carrier Group to the region.

As an aside It's funny how the media have called it a 'flotilla of ships' which to me makes it sound much fluffier that a Carrier Group. 

Maybe I'm just cynical of msm eh. 

According to a friend in the US many people are eager for the US to intervene and some are enlisting at the prospect of a war with Iran.

Bloody Americans never learn 🙄

Here's the video.

DISCLAIMER... I don't watch the young turks, it was simply the first video with the clip in that came up on Google 

https://youtu.be/5yxtXRKSfXg?si=jbPcNTnGzmyoltgs

Edited by The_DADDY

3 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

People enlisting in the US , really. :rolleyes:

He knows of 3 amongst his circle of friends and family.

Some of the groups I use I've maybe seen a dozen or so people who claim to be enlisting. It could be bluster but Americans do love their guns. It's not impossible that some yanks see an opportunity to play John Wayne or Dirty Harry. Infact I'm surprised I've not heard of more.

Didn't some American AND British decide to go fight in Ukraine?

4 hours ago, m williamson said:

Anna, given past performance and present circumstances what are the chances of that happening do you reckon?

As a lapsed Catholic agnostic maybe I should reconsider?  Now, where did I put those rosary beads, its only been 57 years since I decided it didn't make sense.

Well sense prevailed at the end of the Yom Kippur war, so let's hope it does so again. What worries me is the willingness of some people on here to rush into a nuclear war. Do they not realise what that will mean for the whole human race?  Thankfully they aren't in charge of anything. 

I admit I am rather fascinated by the biblical prophecies. Another one to drop into the pot is that when 'the last soldier of the last war dies, the last war of all will commence.' Can't remember where I heard that one....  All I can say is if there is a Nuclear war that finishes off the human race, it proves the prophecies were true and a God is at work. And if it doesn't well, what a relief... so win win.  

Actually I do believe that being positive and thinking  positive has a positive effect on the world, and we could all do with a lot lot more of that.  

4 hours ago, m williamson said:

Edited by Anna B

2 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

I said this would happen. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12616649/Protester-Israel-flag-Sheffield-town-hall-cheering-crowd-Palestinian-symbol.html

Moment protester pulls down Israel flag from atop Sheffield town hall in front of cheering crowd before hoisting Palestinian symbol in its place

Where was Organgrinder today? 🤔

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Jack Grey said:

Where was Organgrinder today? 🤔

Shouting at the clouds and arguing with everything, whilst those around him just laugh at him.

5 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

I said this would happen. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12616649/Protester-Israel-flag-Sheffield-town-hall-cheering-crowd-Palestinian-symbol.html

Moment protester pulls down Israel flag from atop Sheffield town hall in front of cheering crowd before hoisting Palestinian symbol in its place

No surprise though.

And yet Hamas would laugh at them all before slaughtering them.

The UK, along with the rest of Western Europe will reap what it sows for being so weak whilst being laughed at.

Luckily I will be no where near.

Edited by Al Bundy
  • Thanks 1