The Yom Kippur War .

Just now, mafya said:

I said Muslims and non Muslims, can you not read? 

Why are you so aggressive with people?  

At first you came across all cosy and reasoned but you are now showing your true colours of an angry individual with no time or paitence for others who don't confirm to your blinkered view.

Go figure.

49 minutes ago, Delbow said:

It's not particularly surprising that one settler state would support another. The US is a settler state that successfully completed a genocide of the native population, and while there is a national Holocaust museum in the US (as there should be), there is no national museum of the genocide of the First Nation people (which there should be, but I guess most Americans don't want to look too deep inside).

The anti-Semitic attacks are revolting. Marchers should be allowed as long as they are not inciting hatred of another group. Lots of people on marches are holding placards calling for ceasefire, there is nothing wrong with that.

Very true. The treatment of American native Indians is  a point that is rarely remembered and Australian's should hang their heads in shame too for their treatment of the Aboriginals.

Our supposed civilised societies still have a lot of growing up to do in this 21 st century.

I watched some of the anti-Semitic attacks on the news and deplore those equally along with all the other acts of violence and threats which abound at the moment.

It's time the world and some of the contributors on this forum grew up because they're like kids in  a playground only far more dangerous with their blood lust.

10 minutes ago, Delbow said:

I don't disbelieve you. It's one of the reasons I haven't been on any of the marches - I don't want to get there and then have to go straight home again because some feckers start shouting Jihad. 

Cheers for that , I can assure you it happened and I was shall we say shouted at when I protested .

On 29/10/2023 at 16:22, RJRB said:

But doesn’t alter the basics which is what is needed to eventually move to any form of settlement for the benefit of both nations.

So he failed his people.

Those living in small settlements near the borders were victims of an attack by hang gliders,motor bikes,buggies etc.

I think this point has been made by many Jewish nationals and quite rightly.

Logic would have put troops between the threat and the civilians rather than the other way round.

Their intelligence operations also failed although they have sources within Palestine.

Many questions to be answered.

There’s my original comment which apparently is not worthy of your consideration or comment.

Many questions to be answered but your preference is the usual waffle.

Keep it civil the man says .

Does that mean sticking a smiley face on every post which then excuses anything preceding.

Had the above action being taken then hostages would not have been taken,the terrorists would have inevitably been killed or repelled and it would have been another paragraph in an epic  battle over the borders surrounding Israel and Palestine.

2 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Very true. The treatment of American native Indians is  a point that is rarely remembered and Australian's should hang their heads in shame too for their treatment of the Aboriginals.

Our supposed civilised societies still have a lot of growing up to do in this 21 st century.

I watched some of the anti-Semitic attacks on the news and deplore those equally along with all the other acts of violence and threats which abound at the moment.

It's time the world and some of the contributors on this forum grew up because they're like kids in  a playground only far more dangerous with their blood lust.

The Romans did the same in this  Country , thank dog .

5 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Who are those you are referring to .

3 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Why are you so aggressive with people?  

At first you came across all cosy and reasoned but you are now showing your true colours of an angry individual with no time or paitence for others who don't confirm to your blinkered view.

Go figure.

What's so aggressive about what he said ?

That's the latest accusation aimed at every poster you don't agree with.  Probably for the usual reason that you don't have an argument against what he says.

When it comes to aggressive,  Hamas led the way,  with Israel not very far behind,  and the blood lust lot on here baying and cheering it all on whilst some of us called for a seize fire.

1 hour ago, cuttsie said:

Anna, Corbyn stated that Hamas where friends of his , Lets get things right its only fair .

Yes, and he also calls the MPs in the House of Commons 'Honourable Gentleman,' even if he knows they're anything but. It's merely a polite form of address particularly useful when you are trying to negotiate something tricky with the other side.

What do you expect him to call them? 

(The best one I heard was when Denis Skinner said half the Tory MPs were crooks, and he was chastised by the Speaker and told to withdraw the remark.

Skinner sulkily came back with 'Oh, alright then, half of them are not crooks,' to great laughter and applause from both benches.)

Edited by Anna B

3 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

The Romans did the same in this  Country , thank dog .

Who are those you are referring to .

Don't know what you're referring to re Romans.

I'm referring to everyone on here who,  whilst I was calling for a seize fire, were cheering Israel on and hoping that they would kill all those in Palestine.

Just now, Anna B said:

Yes, and he also calls the MPs in the House of Commons 'Honourable Gentleman,' even if he knows they're anything but. It's merely a polite form of address particularly useful when you are trying to negotiate something tricky with the other side.

What do you expect him to call them? 

Terrorists ??????