The Yom Kippur War .

6 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

Cheers for that , I can assure you it happened and I was shall we say shouted at when I protested .

It's on the organisers of a protest to set the tone. I was a steward on one of the big anti-Iraq war protests in London - not the biggest one but the one before that. At a meeting for stewards a few nights before, it was made clear that we were not to tolerate any anti-Semitism and to challenge it. Clearly, in a protest of hundreds of thousands of people, you can't control everything that is said or shouted or chanted, but you can make clear what you think is ok and what isn't.

All this is a bit academic though, compared to what a couple of million of Gazans are going through, all of them knowing they could be killed at any moment.

• Like 1

Just now, Organgrinder said:

Don't know what you're referring to re Romans.

I'm referring to everyone on here who,  whilst I was calling for a seize fire, were cheering Israel on and hoping that they would kill all those in Palestine.

Not me mate . I want a Cease fire now , I also want those who attacked and murdered kids at a music festival eliminated .

2 minutes ago, Delbow said:

It's on the organisers of a protest to set the tone. I was a steward on one of the big anti-Iraq war protests in London - not the biggest one but the one before that. At a meeting for stewards a few nights before, it was made clear that we were not to tolerate any anti-Semitism and to challenge it. Clearly, in a protest of hundreds of thousands of people, you can't control everything that is said or shouted or chanted, but you can make clear what you think is ok and what isn't.

All this is a bit academic though, compared to what a couple of million of Gazans are going through, all of them knowing they could be killed at any moment.

Agreed 

44 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

Yes agree fully.

Every one should be allowed on our streets , no one should be afraid to show them selves or state an opinion .

Yes Brown Shirts ,National Front, 

They all have an opinion 

2 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

I think it's 99% to do with religion.

Why were all those Muslims trying to attack Jewish airline passengers in Russia?  What other reason apart from their religion could there have been for that unprovoked attack?

We were talking about what mafya posted in reply to cressida, not the situation as a whole. I'll take it you can't explain why you think mafya's comment was about religion.

12 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Yes, and he also calls the MPs in the House of Commons 'Honourable Gentleman,' even if he knows they're anything but. It's merely a polite form of address particularly useful when you are trying to negotiate something tricky with the other side.

What do you expect him to call them? 

I see no wrong in Jeremy Corbyn's politeness anyway because he's a very peace loving man and a rare politician who professes no hatred at all for anyone.

He must be one of the few public figures who doesn't carry hatred in his heart and I respect him greatly for that.

How is it that you are not condemning the politicians who sorted out the piece accord for Northern Ireland.  They sat down and politely talked to terrorists   -   thank God. 

That's what it will have to come to with the middle east because despite a lot of threats and  promises from Netanyahu,  nobody has ever managed to eradicate a terrorist group.

It will never be settled with guns.

2 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

And they are banned , you know exactly what i mean , the above  marched and chanted just the same as a MINORITY of the ones marching today . 

They may be "banned"  but they still exist.  do you not realise that drug taking is "banned" too but one of the biggest industries in the country.

Edited by Organgrinder

3 minutes ago, Anna B said:

What? When he's trying to negotiate a peace deal? That would o down well wouldn't it. 

You haven't done diplomacy have you...

OK Anna , no problem keep well ,no more in put from me ,we beg to differ on this situation .

2 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

Not me mate . I want a Cease fire now , I also want those who attacked and murdered kids at a music festival eliminated .

Agreed 

Most people want that.

The dilemma is how that could have been achieved without slaughtering 8000 and counting.

Some Hamas terrorists will be killed and many more will disappear for a while,just as the Taliban did ,only to re surfacecwith additional recruits.

No,I don’t know the answer but the current response isn’t it.

As for a cease fire Netanyahu has said today that there is a time for a cease fire and a time for war.”Now is the time for war”